APC Forum

Spolette Position

Zumber

Good to all..!!

I have seen many times in youtube videos while manufacturing Ring pattern shell or smile emoji pattern or sometimes in bow tie shells the time fuse is positioned near equator of hemisphere joint than attatching like regular center position.

Is there any reason behind it?

Thank you

Could be for a Better position of the stars After break, but i never see this and i shot a lot of smiles, cats, stars, ...

13 hours ago, Crazy Swede said:

Can you post example links?

Watch at time interval 11 minute 29 second.

Screenshot_20240416-135843.thumb.png.bfa954b91b3dc3bfe95c024208c31284.png

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kingkama said:

Could be for a Better position of the stars After break, but i never see this and i shot a lot of smiles, cats, stars, ...

I was assuming same.

Lets wait for more replys.

To me it only looks like a convenient way to orient the fuse and passfire to the exact center of the shell, that might be more important for 2D pattern shells(?).

Maybe you have more control for fine adjustment this way?

Maybe there's some benefit in container the spolets within one hemisphere. Like easier to close the shell.

But really a sphere doesn't have a front or back, top or bottom. It's exactly the same no how it's oriented.

I assume the spolets is gunna be pointing downward, perhaps he wants to split the shell up the middle as to no obliterate the image... Maybe I'm just high and think I have good ideas

Yeah it may be positioned when it is fired spolette position is in downward side due to gravity.

All it is intended is just related to opening of shell.

May be admin mumbles can answer better.

@Mumbles