APC Forum

I Ask everyone

MADBOY

Kno3 80%

Charchol 20%

Can work roket?????

Rockets usually need a different mix according to their diameter and whether or not you are using a nozzle. Lancaster's book Fireworks, principles and Practice has a chapter on rockets and mixes. Proper BP is far too fast and will explode. BP mixed with charcoal and pot nitrate is a common fuel -ratios according to diameter. 

2 hours ago, Arthur said:

Rockets usually need a different mix according to their diameter and whether or not you are using a nozzle. Lancaster's book Fireworks, principles and Practice has a chapter on rockets and mixes. Proper BP is far too fast and will explode. BP mixed with charcoal and pot nitrate is a common fuel -ratios according to diameter. 

Thank you your valuable answer to me

For bp rocket I use

Potassium nitrate 4

Sulphur 1

And charcoal 1 parts

All of these chemicals are grinded into fine powder seperately before mixing it with screen.

Once it is grinded into fine powder I mix all three ingredients with 60 mesh screen three times.

For half inch diameter and 3 inch long kraft paper tube I prefer this method. Diameter of nozzle is 1/3 or 1/4 of internal diameter to tube & according to bp burn rate.

This is finalized by taking trial.

Generally 1/3 works well.

Length of support stick is 5 to 6 times the length of rocket tube, which means for 3 inch long tube length of support stick is 15 to 18 inch.

In order to increase thrust and in order to go rocket straight towards sky 1 Centimeter spce of rocket motor tube is left empty towards nozzle side this will act as a 'propulsion chember'.

and for other side of tube in order to reduce air resistance, small cone shape cone is glued at the top this will reduce air resistance.

This set up is for End burning small rocket.

-Zumber.

Edited by Zumber

5 hours ago, Zumber said:

For bp rocket I use

Potassium nitrate 4

Sulphur 1

And charcoal 1 parts

All of these chemicals are grinded into fine powder seperately before mixing it with screen.

Once it is grinded into fine powder I mix all three ingredients with 60 mesh screen three times.

For half inch diameter and 3 inch long kraft paper tube I prefer this method. Diameter of nozzle is 1/3 or 1/4 of internal diameter to tube & according to bp burn rate.

This is finalized by taking trial.

Generally 1/3 works well.

Length of support stick is 5 to 6 times the length of rocket tube, which means for 3 inch long tube length of support stick is 15 to 18 inch.

In order to increase thrust and in order to go rocket straight towards sky 1 Centimeter spce of rocket motor tube is left empty towards nozzle side this will act as a 'propulsion chember'.

and for other side of tube in order to reduce air resistance, small cone shape cone is glued at the top this will reduce air resistance.

This set up is for End burning small rocket.

-Zumber.

Nice information bro but I am ask different question.

12 hours ago, MADBOY said:

Kno3 80%

Charchol 20%

Can work roket?????

You need to ball mill it for longer duration it will then burn but to burn BP more fast you will need sulphur.

Above composition produce very little thrust and it is not ideal for rocket motor.

Kno3 70

Sulphur 10

Charcoal 20

It sould be modified likewise.

Then it could work you might give a try and post result.

1 hour ago, Zumber said:

You need to ball mill it for longer duration it will then burn but to burn BP more fast you will need sulphur.

Above composition produce very little thrust and it is not ideal for rocket motor.

Kno3 70

Sulphur 10

Charcoal 20

It sould be modified likewise.

Then it could work you might give a try and post result.

Good for everyone

😀

There are hundreds of ways of making rocket formulae, but it takes a lot of trial and error.

A 1/4" rocket with a nozzle will fly with rammed BP, as the tube gets bigger that mix needs big portions of 20mesh separate ingredients added and as the rockets get bigger increasing portions of 10mesh charcoal and nitre. You have to do the trials. Start with a comp that only just flies then make it faster til it cato's then back the power off a bit.

At the end of a year you will have a list of mixtures that fly safely for all your tube sizes.

You can also add bigger charcoal to make big fluffy orange tails if you want.

The tubes you have limit the rockets you can make -weak tubes explode, strong tubes usually fly well.