Tell me friends 

Which is best lift charge

H3

BP

DK

SS

• Confused 1

BP

H3 is not a lift charge you will creat yourself a truble if using it.

DK SS these shortforms are from  which world?

Edited by Zumber

We asked you once before, please do not use abbreviations. 

Zumber is correct, using H3 is asking for trouble.

And as he also asked, what are "DK" and "SS"?

DK & SS all so use in malta country

I think here in group we are know but sorry I am again rong, my mistake again.

• Haha 1

DK and SS may be abbreviations common to Malta, but not here.

What do those stand for? What are their formulas? Please clarify.

• Like 3

I dunno what DK and SS are. H3 would likely result in cardboard shards or HDPE modern art. The best- the historical best for a thousand years, is Black Powder.

Now I have made “mini” shells/mortars. .45 caliber brass cartridge tubes. My fastest BP was a bit lacking. Solution? I ended up adding a bit of indian blackhead (basically a “slow flash”) to the BP and they launched just fine.

8 hours ago, Richtee said:

I dunno what DK and SS are. H3 would likely result in cardboard shards or HDPE modern art. The best- the historical best for a thousand years, is Black Powder.

Now I have made “mini” shells/mortars. .45 caliber brass cartridge tubes. My fastest BP was a bit lacking. Solution? I ended up adding a bit of indian blackhead (basically a “slow flash”) to the BP and they launched just fine.

H3 is highly risky.

The concern is its low ignition temperature and imcompatibility issues of chlorate. Spolette , bp grains or cross match used to insure ignition of delay fuse contains sulphur. Sometimes there is no barrier between lift and time fuse or spolette and sometimes lift is kept in poly bag there will be an issue regarding chlorate imcompatibilities.

Shell which contains high weight is kept over h3 lift, also transportation handling these factors are  considered to be well. Friction and impact sensitivity of h3 is extreme.

Addition of dark aluminium in bp improves burn rate but there is also issue of aluminium nitrate reaction during granulation.

Sometimes  there is litte possibility of mortor tube damage.

12 hours ago, MADBOY said:

DK & SS all so use in malta country

I think here in group we are know but sorry I am again rong, my mistake again.

I have been to Malta and made a visit to one of the more famous fireworks clubs there, I have read the proceedings from two fireworks symposia held in Malta, I see posts on Facebook from Maltese fireworkers typically everyday and still; I cannot remember seeing the abbreviations DK and SS a single time!

So @MADBOY, from where have you got these abbreviations and how come you expect them to be common knowledge?

15 minutes ago, Zumber said:

H3 is highly risky.

The concern is its low ignition temperature and imcompatibility issues of chlorate. Spolette , bp grains or cross match used to insure ignition of delay fuse contains sulphur. Sometimes there is no barrier between lift and time fuse or spolette and sometimes lift is kept in poly bag there will be an issue regarding chlorate imcompatibilities.

Shell which contains high weight is kept over h3 lift, also transportation handling these factors are  considered to be well. Friction and impact sensitivity of h3 is extreme.

Addition of dark aluminium in bp improves burn rate but there is also issue of aluminium nitrate reaction during granulation.

Sometimes  there is litte possibility of mortor tube damage.

Yes your conception is true but in moment 2022 H3 formula making very simple chemistry, because some stabilizer use in H3 which is stable the H3 composition formula.

In malta my best friend use it and he tell me it good works

4 minutes ago, Crazy Swede said:

I have been to Malta and made a visit to one of the more famous fireworks clubs there, I have read the proceedings from two fireworks symposia held in Malta, I see posts on Facebook from Maltese fireworkers typically everyday and still; I cannot remember seeing the abbreviations DK and SS a single time!

So @MADBOY, from where have you got these abbreviations and how come you expect them to be common knowledge?

Your study knowledge and practical knowledge I think different. in your friend in Malta ask him again. the name which I am tell everyone.

I think your friend in malta he tell you answer.

1 hour ago, MADBOY said:

Your study knowledge and practical knowledge I think different. in your friend in Malta ask him again. the name which I am tell everyone.

Whats wrong with you then?

Why dont just you tell full form of those terms if you have contact with maltese friend.

1 hour ago, MADBOY said:

Yes your conception is true but in moment 2022 H3 formula making very simple chemistry, because some stabilizer use in H3 which is stable the H3 composition formula.

In malta my best friend use it and he tell me it good works

Are you aware of term stabilization?

H3 itself is a stable there is no any reaction taking place with chlorate and charcoal......problem is with shock impact friction sensitivity and imcompatibility.

20 minutes ago, Zumber said:

Are you aware of term stabilization?

H3 itself is a stable there is no any reaction taking place with chlorate and charcoal......problem is with shock impact friction sensitivity and imcompatibility.

Yes you are right.

It is TPR which is use h3,

and

final result it is not shock impact friction sensitivity and imcompatibility

But unfortunately it is not in my hand if I get tpr then I will try to make new experiment.

20230216_201111.jpg

3 hours ago, Zumber said:

Yeah, I was told of that... but as I press/corn the amount of moisture used was an absolute minimum. Perhaps 2% water/alcohol. And this was a specific powder for this application. I made maybe 60 grams (small thin pucks for speedy drying) and it was used as soon as it was ready. 

But it’s important to be aware of the smallest details when messing with “energetic chemistry” 😎

1 hour ago, Richtee said:

Yeah, I was told of that... but as I press/corn the amount of moisture used was an absolute minimum. Perhaps 2% water/alcohol. And this was a specific powder for this application. I made maybe 60 grams (small thin pucks for speedy drying) and it was used as soon as it was ready. 

But it’s important to be aware of the smallest details when messing with “energetic chemistry” 😎

If you press/ corn BP thats gonna be a plus point.

Just a right charcoal, highly pure KNO3 and sulphur makes powderful lift if it is made correctly.

2 hours ago, MADBOY said:

Yes you are right.

It is TPR which is use h3,

and

final result it is not shock impact friction sensitivity and imcompatibility

But unfortunately it is not in my hand if I get tpr then I will try to make new experiment.

20230216_201111.jpg

My head is spinning around..!

again why do you post short forms?

Now this new invention TPR who knows its full form.

If you dont know its full form right it down in a post like 'TPR' ( Dont know full form) to avoid confusion.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zumber said:

If you press/ corn BP thats gonna be a plus point.

Just a right charcoal, highly pure KNO3 and sulphur makes powderful lift if it is made correctly.

True. But lifting a 1” long shell out a 2” inch long gun (allowing for time fuse too) REQUIRES a hotter stuff than any normal BP I have made.

On 4/1/2024 at 2:38 AM, MADBOY said:

No, YOU tell us what those abbreviations mean, or don't use them. Period.

Consider this a "Warning" without a penalty, this time.

• Like 3