APC Forum

Where to start?

acozme

Hi!

I'm new here and sorry if this question was asked a lot of times before, But I need some guidance about how to start in this world.

Any book, tutorial, etc is welcome.

Thanks

Acozme

What do you want to make? What's your interests?  

Ground Effects (Gerbs / Fountains / Set Pieces)? Rockets? Shells? Cylinder (Italian, Italo-American, Maltese) vs. Ball Shells (Japanese)?  

Lots of things to do.

Lots of smart people here to help you out, just need a little more info is all.

2 hours ago, acozme said:

Hi!

I'm new here and sorry if this question was asked a lot of times before, But I need some guidance about how to start in this world.

Any book, tutorial, etc is welcome.

Thanks

Acozme

To start first study chemicals used to make fireworks.

Then imcompatibility

Then study hazardous mixture combinations and thrn you start reading basics from many books

After spending time reading books if you want to proceed practicals study simple black powder and bp mixtures firsts.

One imporatant key is to work under expert person this can be done by joining clubs.

Before any attempt ask many times to experts start topic here.

Thanks.

The Turbo Pyro kit is a great way to get into pyrotechnics.

5 hours ago, cmjlab said:

What do you want to make? What's your interests?  

Ground Effects (Gerbs / Fountains / Set Pieces)? Rockets? Shells? Cylinder (Italian, Italo-American, Maltese) vs. Ball Shells (Japanese)?  

Lots of things to do.

I'll love to learn how to build ball shells, but I think it's the most difficult to learn, that's why I'm asking for some beginner's books or something like that.

3 hours ago, Zumber said:

To start first study chemicals used to make fireworks.

Then imcompatibility

Then study hazardous mixture combinations and thrn you start reading basics from many books

After spending time reading books if you want to proceed practicals study simple black powder and bp mixtures firsts.

One imporatant key is to work under expert person this can be done by joining clubs.

Before any attempt ask many times to experts start topic here.

Thanks.

Great! Do you have some recommendations about these topics?

1 hour ago, TXpyro said:

The Turbo Pyro kit is a great way to get into pyrotechnics.

Thanks! I will check it out :)

Sure this is first step regarding informations of all chemicals used alongwith formula.

You have gotten really good advice. I'll throw in a search on YouTube of fireworking 101 by ned gorski. That's what got me into this hobby. 

19 hours ago, Zumber said:

Sure this is first step regarding informations of all chemicals used alongwith formula.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, crumbbum25 said:

You have gotten really good advice. I'll throw in a search on YouTube of fireworking 101 by ned gorski. That's what got me into this hobby. 

Great! I will check his channel. thanks!