APC Forum

Pine resin

All10Fingers

On 2/21/2024 at 4:17 AM, cmjlab said:

Pretty neat, unfortunately I can't really watch these types of embedded videos.  I did catch a glimpse of nice red though.  Was there much smoke or did it seem about normal?

I just tried something else in test posts. Try that and let me know if you can watch it there. If so, I'll make an album of all the pics and vids of this project 

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

IMG_20240325_232904055.thumb.jpg.ac40df300b52268af130d9eb386693b4.jpgProject pine resin is still in operation here's 100 grams of sloppy cut shimzu magenta with pine substitutes for red gum. The color is beautiful and doesn't wash out. It doesn't throw sparks or excessive smoke. Only criticism I have is it turning slightly orange towards the end of the burn. 

I'm speculating that may be because the mixture is fuel rich resulting from leftover rosin remaining after the rest of the star has done it's thing. That however should easily circumnavigated by adjusting the substitution ratio.

And yes it still smells good 

Edited by All10Fingers
Pictures

• 2 weeks later...

Ok the camera doesn't make em look too good, but I promise they looked much better in person.

Here is two more pine resin fueled formula. A magenta and a green. The magenta leaves a little charred gunk behind, but the green burns clean. Even tho I just made that batch and it wasn't 100% dry yet. I made a nice indigos as well but I don't have a recording of that one