APC Forum

Rubber slow fuse

crumbbum25

I am trying to reinvent the wheel. I don't have the wherewithal to build a visco machine, yet i want a slow burning fuse. I have seen numerous things about slow fuse ways. Some are great but they don't flex! I want a flexible fuse!

I just did a test run of green mix and rubber cement coated cotton twine. Not the best at all. Flexed great, I mean great, burned poorly. Next I will thin it with acetone to get more bp less latex. I'm thinking I may add more kno3 too in a different test.

The smell though. It reminded me of stuff from a long time ago. I'm thinking I might be on to something.

Any input, thoughts?

Cant you purchase safety fuse?

Or is it not available there?

Yeah I can fuse,  just wanted to experiment. 

You can also make use of cotton thread and bp slurry ( and binder)

And make slow burning black match dry it and just wrap that bare match into kozo type paper.

• Like 1

I'm still going to try and perfect my thought. It's basically blackmatch with a rubber binder. I just need to get the proportions correct. 

I thought came from homemade match being fairly stiff so in using rubber it would be very flexible and waterproof. 

Rubber in the sense parlon?

I'm assuming it's Latex. I left my acetone at the shop and used some elmers rubber cement in a pinch.it was way too heavy on the latex because I couldn't thin it out but the properties that i want were there.

Sharkwhisperer was messing around with this... I tried it once. The smell and toxic clouds rule it out.