APC Forum

Freshly made American Visco Safety fuse

Pyrogeezer

Freshly made American Visco Safety Fuse with 2 coats of special Fuse Lacquer. 3.2 seconds per inch burn rate.  1/29/2024

image.thumb.jpeg.e7e82f8724a3e616d56f99bdf151c7c2.jpeg

Edited by Pyrogeezer

Wow its really nice fuse....😃

Thank you for sharing.

Any time zumber!

Sooo...I assume you color the coating, as your RWB fuse is clear coated, obviously. (I have a 100 foot roll of that... nice stuff.) Is there any other than cosmetic reason for that?

Hi Richtee, Your right. We use clear fuse dope on the RWB Visco. The thread manufacture dyes the cotton fo us red and blue, and we include the plain white thread in the outer weave. 

Victoria Green and Fire Red have been the traditional colors since the 1940s. We have produced other color fuse for special orders (Blue, Orange, Pink), but it requires substantial work to wash out the machines after changing different colors plus a lot of solvent to dispose of. We have dedicated machines for our standard colors so we don't need to clean the coating systems. 

All of our pyro fuse burns at the same appx. rate 35 to 40 SPF. The color really does not signify anything else. 

That's pretty cool. Do you sell it or is it more a commercial operation? 

Hi Crumbbum25; We only sell in 10,000 foot spools But we do sell 25 foot packages in our 1.4 store out of Douglassville PA. 

Good to see you are using the dark green lacquer for the original look again. 

The bright green is cool but not as good looking as the dark green! 

Yes, I like the traditional dark Victoria Green also. 

While I been partial to the deep green due to 50 years of seeing it, the RWB IS appealing. I know it’s not a fashion contest but I am rather patriotic ;)

Years past we se to make a beautiful sapphire blue, but it didn't sell well. People thought it had different properties to it which wasn't correct. All of our Pyro Safety Fuse is produced with the same materials and powder. 

22 hours ago, countryboy7978 said:

Good to see you are using the dark green lacquer for the original look again. 

The bright green is cool but not as good looking as the dark green! 

Years past we se to make a beautiful sapphire blue, but it didn't sell well. People thought it had different properties to it which wasn't correct. All of our Pyro Safety Fuse is produced with the same materials and powder. 

2 hours ago, Pyrogeezer said:

Years past we se to make a beautiful sapphire blue

ooo. Love to have a hank of that. Blue is my favorite color. Money should be blue :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...