APC Forum

Bengol formula

MADBOY

What is the purpose of this post?

If you do not provide information there will be no discussion. 

If you just want to show off it is completely uninteresting!

Ok

Let's talk about my formula in here which I post video

In this video I am use

kclo4

CMC powder

Copper²oxide

Red gum

My calculated Formula:

65% KClO4

15% PVC

10% CuO

10% Red Gum

2 KClO4 + C2H3Cl (PVC) + C2H2O (RG) + 0.5 CuO

Edited by CHNO

MB,
So you use CMC in this blue formula. Is that common in general in India or is it something you found out working extra good particularly for blue flames?

In the Western world, CMC is usually only used in high charcoal compositions and in slurrys (black match, sparklers...).

CHNO,
How did you calculate this? Did you just choose 10 % CuO as a reasonable amount or is it balanced in some way to a maximum amount of chlorine donor that you did not want to pass to keep the burning clean?

I'm sure it burns ok, but in my eyes the amount of CuO seems a bit low. In similar published formulas the amount of CuO is often between 13-17 %.

OK. I have calculated with 0.5 CuCl2. Calculated with CuCl: 60% KClO4 + 14% PVC+ 17% CUO + 9% RG

Edited by CHNO

2 hours ago, Crazy Swede said:

MB,
So you use CMC in this blue formula. Is that common in general in India or is it something you found out working extra good particularly for blue flames?

In the Western world, CMC is usually only used in high charcoal compositions and in slurrys (black match, sparklers...).

CHNO,
How did you calculate this? Did you just choose 10 % CuO as a reasonable amount or is it balanced in some way to a maximum amount of chlorine donor that you did not want to pass to keep the burning clean?

I'm sure it burns ok, but in my eyes the amount of CuO seems a bit low. In similar published formulas the amount of CuO is often between 13-17 %.

Its uncommon in our country that technician make use of CMC.

And as usual its pointless to discuss he just has mentioned chemicals either even dont know whether it is for blue strobe or just plain blue.

There is high chance that information is provided deceptively.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Zumber said:

uncommon in our country that technician make use of CMC.

And as usual its pointless to discuss he just has mentioned chemicals either even dont know whether it is for blue strobe or just plain blue.

There is high chance that information

I know Sapna Neel you are great pyro technician but your knowledge is very low also Indian chemical information very low.

CMC powder is a common powder which is selling any normal grocery shop also your near grocery shop.

In here in Forum I am fast thing your knowledge great but I am very sorry to say you your brain thinking work very slowly day by day

• Haha 1