APC Forum

Zumber

Hello Guys..!!

Can anybody knows what is formula used for spinners or flying whirl in video at 18.00 minutes.?

Before 18.00 minute author has showed construction of tubes utilized for this spinners it has hole at center and both ends are choked with clay.

But I am focused about its amizing composition.

https://youtu.be/QJXb4fxAAmY?si=oVRwb6VcRUCwDd1m

Tourbillion / Farfalle or Serpentelli Comp or Hummer Composition.  Black Powder with Titanium.

Edited by cmjlab

I was assuming this too thank you for confirmation.

I really need to try out this.😀

No problem, I love the effect too!  It was the first tooling I ever bought from Woody's (Farfalle tooling).  

To clarify the B.P. +Ti suggestion, depending on how hot your b.p. is you'll likely have to add some fuel (charcoal / extra metal to slow it down a bit for a single or double 3/16" - 1/8" vent hole, depending on how you end up making them. I spose you could make the hole bigger, but that shortened the effect for sure 

Where is hole to be drilled exactly at center or below?

Because It will not spin If I drill at center.

At 16:35 in the video it shows the inserts themselves, and they really are Farfalle, and the two vent holes are drilled through the center of the tube, in one side out the other.  I

If you're concerned it won't spin fast enough for your liking, you could try drilling the 2 holes in the same places, but drill a tangential hole on each side of the tube (tangential hole like a Hummer has) instead of a hole all the way through from one side and out the other . 

You will have to do it after it's filled to get the benefit, so you could either leave metal out of some of your comp to press at the center of the tube where you will drill holes later, or find another way to drill them with safety equipment, away from anything else, etc.

I got the Idea thanks a lot.😀

• Like 1