APC Forum

Yard mud issues

PillaDoubleG

Thought this would be the appropriate community, since I don't know of any yard forums...

This problem has been bugging forever now. It's not that much of an issue during the summer, but it's very annoying when it rains, snows and so on. In front of my garage, where we keep our bikes, sits this disgusting, sticky, annoying mud. Literally the worst kind. My first thought was to just add grass seeds over it, add some fertilizer maybe, aerate it a bit... BUT NO. Right under the mud, sits a massive layer of bricks, that have been here probably since the house has been made. I don't know if the previous owner left it, or maybe it was the previous previous owner, but that's not the point. I also thought about removing the bricks, but they are PHYSICALLY CONNECTED to the garage! And even if they weren't, it would be a big mess trying to remove them! Does anyone have any suggestions, solutions, and so on???

Sorry for the little rant... stay safe pyros

.DSC04364.thumb.JPG.d5f36e35c283f942460d4c374d0cd244.JPGDSC04363.thumb.JPG.bb46f1447e8489609cb154170a3008b3.JPGDSC04365.thumb.JPG.4a9824353af9fd7b5a4126e9c994efd5.JPG

That is very likely a brick walkway that has since become buried under grass and weeds that decomposed into soil. You might be able to resurrect the old path with a pressure washer, add some edging, and fill in the spaces between the bricks with polymeric sand. The correct way to do it would be to tear that up, establish a level base of aggregate, and then reinstall pavers and polymeric sand.

2 hours ago, FrankRizzo said:

That is very likely a brick walkway that has since become buried under grass and weeds that decomposed into soil. You might be able to resurrect the old path with a pressure washer, add some edging, and fill in the spaces between the bricks with polymeric sand. The correct way to do it would be to tear that up, establish a level base of aggregate, and then reinstall pavers and polymeric sand.

Good suggestion, ill mention to my dad to see if he's a fan of the idea... He has mentioned before that he wants to pour cement over this part before. But either way I would have to wait till summer to do any work on the yard, since its absolutely freezing every other time of the year.