APC Forum

TFA Whistle

Manolo11

I know of some flash powders made from TFA (terephtalic acid), but has anyone tried making a whistle?

There is a Russian kid that sells pyro tools and some supplies.  Gis forum handle will come to me later, but I am brain farting now..... "PyroPractics" I think.  He has posted some whistle comps using TPA if I recall correctly. I haven't seen anything posted from him in a while though.

The domestic situation in Russia probably doesn't help him (he could be in the trenches by now). The monetary system has blocked payments to and from Russia for the duration of their war with Ukraine, so If he's still alive we cannot buy from him. His previously shared wisdom may still be on the forum and useful.

Yeah,i think he said he moved to Argentina or some south / central American country to continue taking payments and avoiding the dangers of being a military age male in Russia right now (I don't blame him).

Edited by cmjlab

6 hours ago, cmjlab said:

There is a Russian kid that sells pyro tools and some supplies.  Gis forum handle will come to me later, but I am brain farting now..... "PyroPractics" I think.  He has posted some whistle comps using TPA if I recall correctly. I haven't seen anything posted from him in a while though.

I know who is, I didn't know he had tried it, thanks

I'm not 100% confident, but he did have some compositions you don't see used by hobbyists often (that I know of).  If he hasn't used it, I apologize in advance.