APC Forum

Will skylight ship to alaska?

PyroGb

I was told to go to there store and look bc they are supposed to ship everywhere in the US but I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong or what but they won’t ship 

I'd check out PyroChemSource and FireworksCookbook as well.  I'm not sure if any ship to ALL of the U.S. or just the lower 48.  At least one active member here is from Canada, maybe he can weigh in on where he sources his chems from.  

Yes I’ve talked to him and he says it just cost an arm and a foot but possible for him thx I’ll check them out

Would it be possible to have it shipped to someone in the lower 48 then up here?

On 1/3/2024 at 8:53 AM, PyroGb said:

Would it be possible to have it shipped to someone in the lower 48 then up here?

AKA a Freight Forwarder. Just do some research. Where there's a will there's a way. If I can get pretty much everything in Canada then you can get it in Alaska no problem. Why not just email the suppliers and ask? No need to make new threads here about such things IMO. Research yourself.

This may sound harsh but I don't give out supplier info to people just starting out. If you cant figure out how to get the basics, then you probably shouldn't be doing it in the first place. Just basic research skills really. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by MicroGram

It's a long way from the 48 to Alaska, including customs into Canada and back into USA. So you will need to buy in bulk, then you will need to deal with the Hazmat issues with powdered metals and oxidisers, then you have to get it packed for shipping. Realistically you need to sort out more local access to chems. Pot Nitrate may be available locally to you from the horticultural suppliers, as may sulphur, Charcoal could be DIY from offcut lumber from the building industry, but likely it's treasured for winter fuel.

Unless you can sort out supplies you are trying the wrong hobby.

Look for the hobby pyro clubs that meet during the summer, join one or more and attend (OK it's 3000 miles each way, fly down and hire a car locally) Talk to suppliers in the 48 and sort out some deals for say a 100pound load fully hazmat shipped. OR drive down and drive back with goodies trusting that customs are blind. Is there a ship line that does sea passages from the west coast directly to Alaska? that would save bothering Canadian customs. 

Yes there are several barges put in to action in the 1950 I’m not sure if I can get them to ship stuff but I’ll look thanks.

4 hours ago, MicroGram said:

AKA a Freight Forwarder. Just do some research. Where there's a will there's a way. If I can get pretty much everything in Canada then you can get it in Alaska no problem. Why not just email the suppliers and ask? No need to make new threads here about such things IMO. Research yourself.

This may sound harsh but I don't give out supplier info to people just starting out. If you cant figure out how to get the basics, then you probably shouldn't be doing it in the first place. Just basic research skills really. 🤷‍♂️

Ok I’ll do some looking if looked at a few but maybe there’s something deeper I can look at