APC Forum

20 shot 1" 2024 new years slow bake cake. Missed it by that much!

My cell phone was on a tripod, aimed it a see you next Tuesday too low. Dammit!

My neighbor a mile away, and 500 feet higher, somehow screwed up his attempt at recording.

But there's still a few good visuals, and you'll get the idea!

This is the second loading of this cake box.

Nice cake...!!

all stars ignited or not or just there were only few stars in it?

I have had a cake box sitting here for 5 years, a nice 16 shot commercial reclaimed from a 4th celebration. I keep looking at it and...ugh. Soo much work.

Nice work there Joe. And it DOES seem camera work is the toughest part :D

6 hours ago, Zumber said:

Nice cake...!!

all stars ignited or not or just there were only few stars in it?

These were only #4 tubes with just a dozen or so mesquite screen cut TT stars mixed with the noisy stuff. Half were mixed with 532, and the other half was 7.3.

A few were just loaded with a little 532 and some of today's measley store bought FC's, the others were straight up 7.3

6 hours ago, Richtee said:

I have had a cake box sitting here for 5 years, a nice 16 shot commercial reclaimed from a 4th celebration. I keep looking at it and...ugh. Soo much work.

Nice work there Joe. And it DOES seem camera work is the toughest part :D

Thank you!

It is quite a bit of work loading them up for sure. This is the only one I've ever made. I set it up with four racks of five tubes that can easily be separated, cleaned up, then re-fused and connected again. I fuse it up, put it back together, then load it up just before putting it to work.

I suppose maybe a little later if I find the motivation I could post some pics of my design. This thing should last a good long time, except for maybe the cardboard box. I might just make one out of something better in the future. 

Edited by Bbqjoe