APC Forum

My best 2 inch mini Beraq style shell yet.

image.thumb.jpeg.e9c13926a4f6eefb7a0ad2d3cc87db03.jpeg

First break, 12 timed inserts. 3/8ths tubes rammed with gradual incremental lifts of fine grain bp, filled with 7.3, primed with NC, and a mixture of 50/50 meal D and 7.3, sitting on a 1/4 inch base of meal D and fine grain bp.

Then circled for a clockwise, counterclockwise rotation, center filled with sunflower H3. Fuse fire timing at lift using 24 grams of cottonwood lift bp. Shell weight was just over 240g.

Second break, 3/8ths spolette fired, nc and fine grain bp/7.3 prime, loaded with store bought crackers on a base of MD, and bp fines, center filled with the sunflower H3, topped with TT and 532.

And of course the proverbial BS, 3/8ths spolette fired 7.3.

Awesome! I imagine the smaller you go, the harder it is to get a nice break & timing.

Keep em coming!

Edited by MicroGram

7 minutes ago, MicroGram said:

Awesome! I imagine the smaller you go, the harder it is to get a nice break & timing.

Keep em coming!

Thanks MG.

A pyro friend asked me after seeing this, when are you going to move to bigger tubes and shells?

My response was that I rather enjoy the challenge of emulating large shells on a small scale, and besides, where does it all end, and who’s going to pay for it all once I start launching water heater sized Maltese shells?
Besides that, there’s folks some miles away wondering if someone’s doing some mining at night.

His response was that it’s cheaper to buy chemicals in bulk.🤣

On 12/22/2023 at 12:30 PM, Bbqjoe said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e9c13926a4f6eefb7a0ad2d3cc87db03.jpeg

First break, 12 timed inserts. 3/8ths tubes rammed with gradual incremental lifts of fine grain bp, filled with 7.3, primed with NC, and a mixture of 50/50 meal D and 7.3, sitting on a 1/4 inch base of meal D and fine grain bp.

Then circled for a clockwise, counterclockwise rotation, center filled with sunflower H3. Fuse fire timing at lift using 24 grams of cottonwood lift bp. Shell weight was just over 240g.

Second break, 3/8ths spolette fired, nc and fine grain bp/7.3 prime, loaded with store bought crackers on a base of MD, and bp fines, center filled with the sunflower H3, topped with TT and 532.

And of course the proverbial BS, 3/8ths spolette fired 7.3.

You are getting closer to appropriate timings keep it up and try this in bigger shell next time.

Nice work, Joe. And, I concur on the smaller shell thing. It IS a challenge... and they tend to not piss off neighbors as much 😛

On 12/23/2023 at 9:20 AM, a_bab said:

Well done shell. Do you have some build pics?

I'll try to do it on the next shell I build like this, but the pros will probably (poor pun) flame the crap out of me. 

But on the other hand, my build method works 99% of the time and doesn't take days to do.