APC Forum

Washing machine is working slowly

kinji

If your washing machine is working slowly, there could be several reasons for this issue. Here are some common troubleshooting steps you can take to identify and potentially resolve the problem:

1. Check the Load Size:

• Make sure you're not overloading the washing machine. Overloading can put excessive strain on the motor and lead to slower operation.
  2. Inspect for Blockages:

• Check the drain pump and filter for any obstructions. If the machine is having difficulty draining water, it may operate more slowly.
  3. Examine the Water Supply:

• Ensure that the water supply valves are fully open. If the machine doesn't get enough water, it may take longer to complete a cycle.
  4. Inspect the Inlet Hoses:

• Check the inlet hoses for kinks or blockages. Clean any filters on the hoses if they are clogged.
  5. Examine the Drum:

• Check the drum for any foreign objects or obstructions. Sometimes items like coins or small pieces of clothing can get stuck in the drum, affecting its rotation.
  6. Level the Machine:

• Ensure that the washing machine is properly leveled. An unbalanced machine may operate more slowly to prevent excessive vibration.
  7. Check the Belt:

• If your washing machine has a belt drive, check for any signs of wear or damage. A worn-out or loose belt can affect the machine's performance.
  8. Inspect the Motor:

• If none of the above steps resolves the issue, there may be a problem with the motor. You may need to consult the manufacturer's manual or contact customer support for assistance.
  9. Review the Control Settings:

• Make sure you're using the appropriate cycle and settings for the type of load you're washing. Some cycles may take longer than others.
  10. Professional Inspection:

• If you're unable to identify or fix the problem on your own, it may be necessary to call a professional technician to inspect and repair your washing machine.

Remember to always follow safety precautions and refer to your washing machine's user manual for guidance specific to your model. If the issue persists or you're unsure about any aspect of the troubleshooting process, seeking professional assistance is recommended.

10 minutes ago, eoneuk said:

I've washed my black powder several times but it still comes out black.  What am I doing wrong?

You must change your detergent powder.😄

On 12/19/2023 at 5:25 AM, eoneuk said:

I've washed my black powder several times but it still comes out black.  What am I doing wrong?

You have to add some chlorox/bleach to it.