APC Forum

Introductions

Mumbles

Hello. My name is Carl. I live in Dover Arkansas. I am an electrician and have also worked several years as an auto mechanic. I have building fireworks for about 4 years now and love it more each year. I mostly build rockets, gerbs, mines, and round morters. I also love to hunt ,fish, and fly airplanes. I like this site a lot. Thanks for letting me join.

• 4 weeks later...
I am a Roguesci moderator, and to be perfectly honest, our pyro section is lacking (the only folder I can say that), so here I am.

I am a Roguesci moderator, and to be perfectly honest, our pyro section is lacking (the only folder I can say that), so here I am.

And should you correct a mod's English usage here, you probably WON'T get banned out of hand. Like I did from there. Strange, considering their rather fanatical fetish on correct usage amongst the peons.

But as you say, the pyro section there amounts to very little good info...and a bit of bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone

My name is Moreno and i am reading and looking in this forum for about an half year. I am 17 years old and a beginner in pyrotechnic. I am interested in chemixtry and hope to learn more about it. I'm doing pyro for about 1.5 year and fired my first shell 31 december 2008. The rest of the time i was learning the theory and looking for the chemicals and other. I am here to improve my shells and chemixtry.

Greetz Moreno

Welcome to the Forums, Moreno!

As you can see, you're a Full Member now. Enjoy!

Hello apc peoples.

Im here to expand on my knowledge derived from making flash explosives.

I think im ready to conceive shells, and stars.

Maybe building them when i have a fully rounded mental proceidure.

I live in a country where powders/chem`s are quite hard to aqquire.

But this does`nt stop me from nothing.

Sow You might be seeing me asking nooby questions about shells.

Would be nice if some got ansered.

Greets Luk.

Welcome Dontblink, I would slow down with the "flash explosives". If your new work with BP for a while, I have been her a little while read alot and I am still not confident enough to make flash, Just be safe and read alot.

Yes, you're far better off making BP-based devices for a while, and THEN start using flash as booster, break, or insert.

It sounds like you started the other way around, and that's dangerous. We want everyone to stay safe and healthy.

Anyone can make a big bang. We strive for artistry along with it. ;)

Hi, been a bit of a pyro as long as I can remember. Was a bit of a kewl before, but doesn't everyone start out that way? I'm 16 and work the summers at a fireworks shop in CT (basically paid in fireworks). The owner of the shop is now basically my fireworks mentor. He lends me advice, books, tools, and possibly chemicals (he isn't too active in making fireworks anymore). this site is guaranteed to be my procrastination haven...

By the way. The mentors name is "Dan Spillain" if anyone knows him.

Edited by Aimlesspayload

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dr. Nick!

Welcome to the forum. Care to tell us a little bit about yourself?

Hey i go by Vincent, Im 15

although my sn has alot to do with my birthname

ive been into pyro for ~1 year

i like hanging with friends skateboarding,and the such, but

mainly pyro

i was born in Bulgaria{betcha dont know where that is :D }

and am currently resideing in California

Hey i go by Vincent, Im 15

although my sn has alot to do with my birthname

ive been into pyro for ~1 year

i like hanging with friends skateboarding,and the such, but

mainly pyro

i was born in Bulgaria{betcha dont know where that is :D }

and am currently resideing in California

Not too far from Hungary, where my grandparents are from :{) Good cooks!

Hi

New member from the UK.

Been thinking of getting into pyrotechnics for a while, something that fascinates me.

Live on a big farm, in the middle of absolutely nowhere, so plenty of space.

I've been experimenting with some small things but am looking at building a proper pyro workshop and storage area because I want to keep my activities as safe as possible :)

Now maybe I will be able to view the pictures that I have been wondering why I couldn't see for so long. I didn't realise you had to post first ;)

Later

Jake

Hi

New member from the UK.

Been thinking of getting into pyrotechnics for a while, something that fascinates me.

Live on a big farm, in the middle of absolutely nowhere, so plenty of space.

I've been experimenting with some small things but am looking at building a proper pyro workshop and storage area because I want to keep my activities as safe as possible :)

Now maybe I will be able to view the pictures that I have been wondering why I couldn't see for so long. I didn't realise you had to post first ;)

Later

Jake

Haha you my friend are lucky

I live in the Silicon Valey and its a pain to find a good test site

which I have found but only go there 3-4 times a Month

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my name's Louis, I got the pyro virus about 4 years ago, with some KNO3 / sucrose smoke mix, and now its to late to recover from it. I'm in Quebec (the province not the city) in Canada, the hardest place in the world to buy saltpeter.

Other interests: Chemistry in general, Electronics, Linux, C programming, an in my spare time i go on IRC channel #microsoftisevil to talk about plots to assassinate Bill Gates with other Linux extremists activists.

Hey,

Looks like i'm the FNG for the time being. I've always been into commercial fireworks, but have been intrigued by people making their own. I think i'll start my addiction at homemade rocketry, and see where it leads me :-)

Welcome! We can always use another rocket guy. Any experience with making your own fireworks in the past? Rockets can be a hell of a blast, and you can spend as much or as little as you want on the equipment.. With the resulting variation in ease/time spent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello From Alaska

Very new to all this, never have built any kind of firework but like many people my wife and I just love them. And we really admirer what you all do and that's bring allot of big smiles and joy to the hole world. As for me, just interested in the mechanics of how fireworks ..... well work. Glad I found you and look forward to allot of great reading.

JMA375HH B)

Welcome to the Forum!

You'll find lots to read, that's for sure. Enjoy your stay!