Introductions

• Please log in to reply
1265 replies to this topic

#1261 Pdh

Pdh

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Earthen building to rebuild my old house.selfsuffient life style,diy,off grid heating and cooling,family,nature,thinking outside the box,fireworks

Posted 31 October 2019 - 04:44 PM

Sorry Ned

#1262 chuckufarley

chuckufarley

Pyrotechnician

• Donator - HE
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 04:47 PM

Welcome Pdh.
Ned has some great videos, dont be shy to ask lots of questions. A bunch of knowledgable people here, always willing to help, and share.

#1263 SKC

SKC

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Pyrotechniques

Posted 09 November 2019 - 10:15 PM

I didn't introduce myself at all since I joined almost two years back. It's a shame & I feel appologetic. Reason behind is I was brainstormed with so many discussions in different sections & may be jump passed this section. But rule is a rule & I do like to be disciplined though late.
I'm Souvik, age 43 from West Bengal, India. Live with spouse & kid(in 7th standard).
I try to do pyro because a well built product outweighs a consumer one and gives me immense satisfaction. One can cook a curry with slightly tampering the recipe that may not affect the taste much. But in pyro no question at all.
Besides that consumer fireworks most of the time are nastily overpriced. I love creating different effects. I've been doing this limitedly over many years but last few years the practices accelerated a lot.
Here due to stringent rules necessary chemicals are not available and no. of accessories are not sold. So I need to depend on old toiling techniques. Rather pyrotechnic is seldom encouraged.
I consider this as fantastic platform to learn the artistry of fireworks.
Here I have a dream to share. I wish to go to Malta & have a hand on experience with those expart fireworks.

#1264 jshrader13

jshrader13

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 11:21 AM

Greeting all!  Jeremy from Georgia here!  40 years old, overly cautious (now), and still have all my appendages!  Recently getting back into pyrotechnics after a three year hiatus. 

I have experience with rockets, small aerial shells, stars, and various forms of black powder salutes.  Yes, admittedly, I have some very limited experience with flash, but I've seen enough videos on YouTube of the dangers, and I have made a personal choice to avoid any form of flash powder in my pyrotechnics at all costs.  I've been a lurker here on APC for long enough to know that most people who are interested in FP are looking to make salutes and reports, and are typically irresponsible teenage boys.  LOL 

My primary reason for being here is to learn more about the safety and techniques involved in making pyrotechnics for personal/family entertainment and enjoyment, and quite honestly, to learn how to make more with less.  I prefer safe and simple, using fewer and "safer" chemicals to make a variety of different effects, as opposed to having lots of chemicals that could potentially (and dangerously) react or decompose over time, for just a few specific purposes.  I'm really interested in all the different ways black powder and variations on black powder can be employed from everything from lift and burst to various forms of stars, primes, fountains, and comets.  Rockets are also a big interest in mine, having started out with Estes model rockets as a teenager, and I would love to learn how to make whistle, strobe, and rockets with headings, as well as home made Estes type rockets complete with recovery parachutes. 

Looking forward to learning as much as I can from the wealth of information here at APC!  It's great to meet you guys!

#1265 luckyethanol

luckyethanol

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 10:31 AM

Hey Guys,

Iam Luckyethanol. New to this forum, not to pyro. Iam building oldschool china crackers. Later, i will start some new projects like stars and so on. Looking forward to learn some new stuff.  :D

#1266 Nitrotitanite

Nitrotitanite

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 02:05 PM

Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users