APC Forum

Introductions

Mumbles

Hello all, name is Gintaras. From Lithuania.

I am interested in the amateur launch of fireworks. I make launch systems for myself.

Hi my name is Blake

I have been a pyro all my life.

Recently life has given me the time and funds to start hand making my own pyro.

Currently into 1# BP Rockets and Mortar Shells

Currently make everything with the Holy Trinity

Hello folks. Welcome. I have a minor interest in launch systems. Honestly..I prefer to light them. But I know a bit of electronics and it is fascinating.

And Blake..the Trinity being 75-15-10? ;)

As a cook...I know two “Holy Trinities" now I guess :D

Welcome.

Edited by Richtee

• 2 months later...

Hi all.

Thank you for letting me join the group!

Been into pyro for about 6 months! Reading a lot watching a lot and practicing a little at a time. Ive found a new respect for fire since starting so not rushing a thing. Ive joined for the information and hopefully some help when needed.

Have a ball mill have the means to make good items and due to do actual lift tests soon.

So hello to all.

Hi all.

Thank you for letting me join the group!

Been into pyro for about 6 months! Reading a lot watching a lot and practicing a little at a time. Ive found a new respect for fire since starting so not rushing a thing. Ive joined for the information and hopefully some help when needed.

Have a ball mill have the means to make good items and due to do actual lift tests soon.

So hello to all.

Pretty standard lift testing is done with a 3” tube and a hardball. Good powder would give you 8-10 second flight time and be in the 12-14 gram amount range. Serviceable...15-20 grams. Also, it would not leave a crapload of dross in the tube. Dross being leftover unburnt stuff :D

Welcome, and be careful!

Hello All,

I'm happy to be on here, thanks to whoever approved my account!

I got into this hobby a few months ago by purchasing a 4oz sugar rocket kit from Skylighter. That was so much fun I had to try black powder rockets - turns out those are a good time, too!

I am a chronic tinkerer and have had just as much fun making my own tooling on the lathe and a ball mill. Would like to try some smoke compositions and some small headings for the rockets next, but am taking it very slow. My biggest motivation for getting on this site is to learn more about best safety practices.

Thanks!

Welcome, there is a tremendous amount of safety information available here posted by some of the members. For my own two cents, I'd say just keep in mind that as you scale up geometrically the hazard rating scales exponentially.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Hello everyone! Making my first post. This forum helped me make my first BP rocket motor, not even being a full member, just reading what problems people before me had. Thanks to everyone for that.

Hello everyone! Making my first post. This forum helped me make my first BP rocket motor, not even being a full member, just reading what problems people before me had. Thanks to everyone for that.

Excellent :) Welcome!

Hi all, Im Quark, and Im never sure what to say in introductory posts, so, hello!
  • Like 1

Hi all, Im Quark, and Im never sure what to say in introductory posts, so, hello!

Hello Pyro...!!

Fuggin’ BRILLIANT! :D

• 1 month later...

Hey there, I'm Kyle. I live in the USA and love pyrotechnics. Looking forward to using this forum as another source of great information.

Just introducing myself here, I'm new to the world of pyrotechnics and still have all my fingers *knocks on wood*.
Looking forward to learning lots!

• Like 1

Hello.

I'm from Sweden and this is a new hobby I was going to try. Hopefully, this new hobby will give me many new years to learn things.

/Peter

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Greetings everyone

My name is Sotowitt, I've spent the last 15 minutes trying to write something original, so imma just keep it short

Like most of you, SUPER big on fireworks and chemistry, idk why, but I like it.

Just a string of decisions taking me places, nice.

Cheese, chicken and meat, so good.

Edited by RuthlessIridium

Hello mr forum, i welcome myself here and i hope you welcome me...

I'm a very amateur pyro, but you got to work with what you've got!

Thanks for letting me introduce myself.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Gasoline said:

My name’s Ben

Hello Ben..!

Welcome to the forum.