APC Forum

Introductions

Mumbles

Welcome to the APC Forums, Tim! And a belated welcome to you, Elliott!

Glad to see you both on-board.

• 2 weeks later...

So euhm, this is my first post.

Might as well post it here.

Hi, I am danny. Some of the dutch people may know me.

I made my first rocket a few months ago, and at this moment I'm making shells starmines and small cake's.

My English isn't what it used to be :P .

http://www.youtube.com/user/IHateKwells

Edited by danny

Hi everyone!

I am Bobby and I have a few days left until my 18th birthday.

However, don't write me off as another teenager just out to play pranks on the neighbors.

Sure I have had my fun tossing bottles of gasoline into fires, but haven't we all? (Certainly a little pricey with the price of gasoline these days!)

I am a complete novice with "homemade pyrotechnics," though I have worked with store-bought fireworks for ages, I also have been an active reader at many pyrotechnic websites for over a year. I have a decent knowledge of chemistry and thoroughly enjoy things that go "boom," just ask my chemistry professor here at college.

I have been stockpiling my powders for several months and plan to start of with rockets, graduate to fountains, progress to mortars, then eventually attempt to improve upon those for the bigger or prettier bang.

Right now I am working on building a hand cranked press for my rocket engines and will start on my ball mill soon.

I am about to graduate from a two year community college and havea heavy school and work schedule so pyrotechnics is just a small hobby that I do in my spare time. I do however spend at least an hour a day researching and designing.

Hope to be posting some results from my first tests soon!

P.S., I have come a long way from being the 16 year old that wanted to build a 500gram flash powder bomb to remove tree stumps. Thanks to this forum and some other information, I realized how foolish that is and will be waiting a good while before I create and flash powder.

Welcome to the Forums, Bobby!

Read everything on this site that you can, and if you're really interested in Pyrotechnics go get a subscription to Passfire (www.passfire.com), the best money you'll ever spend in Pyro.

HELLO TO ALL!!! As you see I am a new guy here an also as you see my english isn't good but it will be better.I am interested in fireworks,electronic,and special effects not in HE,for now i learning but soon you will see some my experiments....

Again sorry for bad english,I will try to make it better. :D

To awnser your question ns91(in you signature) , the powdered paint in his workshop is actually chemicals for pyrotechnics.

Welcome to APC!

Hello everyone, as you can see my name is spitfire.

I'm new here, but pyrotechnics has been my hobby for almost 10 years now.

But there's always more to learn! I will be mostly reading the forum, and won't do too much posting first.

I've been looking around for a wile here, and many members caught my interest with their nice creations.

It's wonderfull to see how many members discover great things, and getting more skilled over time in making fireworks.

If you have any questions about me, feel free to ask.

yours,

^_^ spitfire.

Some resent projects i've been working on:

post-9442-1222104164_thumb.jpg

Edited by spitfire

Hello everyone, as you can see my name is spitfire.

Nice looking work there Spit... impressive stuff!

That's some well crafted stuff Spitfire. And the inserts look very insert-esting!

Thank you. At the left you can see my beraq-Obama inserts... hahaha

Thank you. At the left you can see my beraq-Obama inserts... hahaha

Grin... no KY i assume??

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

My name is Dr Dudley. I have my doctorate in pharmacy practicing as a geriatric pharmacist. I have been involved in pyro since I was a little kid. I am one that yearns to always know more, hence my desire to join this group. Currently I am going back to school to get my computer and electronics engineering degree. I have been wanting to get a better knowledge base about electronics for some time now. I also do alot of fabricating work, having just purchased a large mill that I converted into a CNC machine and selling my old lathe and purching a much larger one.

If you would care to know more about me just ask.

Dr. Dudley

It's not a "problem".

It's a step we took to keep spammers off the boards. New members cannot start a post. They must reply to an existing post before they can start a new one. This is pointed out in the rules, too. I'd suggest reading them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I found this board through a Cannonfuse link so Ive been lurking for the past few days and finally decided to join. I'm 19 and currently a sophomore in college for Electrical Engineering. I guess you could say I have always been intrigued by fireworks and especially loud explosions but this semester I'm enrolled in a Chemistry class and that kick started my interests into learning more about chemicals and mixtures. So far my experience can be summed up into KNO3+Sugar Smoke bombs but I hope to change that shortly :)

-GearGuy2001

So far my experience can be summed up into KNO3+Sugar Smoke bombs but I hope to change that shortly :)

-GearGuy2001

Remember...algebra before trig, trig befor calc, walk before run...be safe and WELCOME!

Has E&W really gotten that bad? I haven't really visited there in quite a while. The last time I was there was just to read about the NBK2000 fiasco, and didn't take a look at anyother sections.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

My name is Dr. Dudley. I am a geriatric pharmacist working mainly with nursing homes. I became interested in chemistry and pyrotechnics early in life as both my father and grandfather were pharmacist. This gave me the opportunity to have access to chemicals early in life. It used to be that you could get everything at your local pharmacy in regards to chemicals, that is no longer the case unfortunately.

I feel that this forum will help me expand my knowledge of chemistry as well as pyrotechnics. I also invite anyone who may have pharmacy questions to ask. And I will do my best to help out.

Thanks,

Dr Dudley

Hi, I'm Clay. Getting ready to go eat some Thanksgiving feast now at the mother-in-law's, but I wanted to drop a hello-to-all real quick. This is my first post, been loving fireworks for 30+ years, got into the hobby of homebuilding about 2 years ago. Lots of good stuff here, and i sure appreciate the info. I could never do what I'm already doing in such a short time without the internet and its' fellow pyro contributors. Thanks APC and others, peace. :D