Introductions

• Please log in to reply
1297 replies to this topic

#61 ST1DinOH

ST1DinOH

Pyrotechnician

• PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:love my 1.4 but getting into DIY shells and hoping to learn lots and still be able to count to ten without taking my shoes off. other stuff i like...classic rock, good beer, hot women, and OSU football.

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:29 PM

hello everyone, name's jason, i've been a a pyroholic for about 6 years now, and i've reciently began building shells.

came here via the advise of a member of another forum and i must say i'm impressed already with what i see. hoping to learn more about shell building then who knows...

only made five 3 inch shells so far so i'll appologise in advance for a few noob questions i'll be asking.

glad to find a place where my questions can be awnsered without "violationg forum rules" like other sites i frequent.

anywho nice to be here, hope to learn lots...

ST1DinOH

EDIT:

for thoes not familiar with me here's some shows i've had a hand in

^lol, i broadcasted myself

and this one is a colaboration between me and 2 of my pyro buddies (prodigiatl and sfx-oh from pyro u)
http://fireworks.agp...July 1 2006.wmv
^300 people, kegs, full bar, good times.
When the flame of powder toucheth the soul of man it burneth exceeding deep - Roger Bacon, fransiscan alchemist

#62 Brass_Chocolatier

Brass_Chocolatier

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:About Me<br>----------<br>FT college student (Pre-Pharmacy)<br><br>Hobbies<br>---------<br>Pocket watch repair/machining<br>Hand engraving<br>Chocolate making<br>Pyrotechnics<br>Distillation

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:47 AM

Hello all,

New member from South Texas.
Interested in pyro since I was old enough to figure out matches and a lighter.

Now that I'm taking some college chem (pre-pharmacy requirements) everything makes more sense.

Since I am a poor broke college guy, I will be reading as much info as I can and slowly building up my collection of knowledge.

Since I live in an apartment and the wife has put her foot down on some of my more *ahem* problematic interests, I will have to be content with living vicariously through you guys until I get a little ranch somewhere.

#63 ActiveA

ActiveA

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:56 AM

Umm, names Jack.

Fairly young, although i don't do any of the "kewl" stuff kids my age usually do, I'm obsessed with saftey in pyro.

I fit into the "anarcho punk" genre, even when i try not to be, i have 2 loves in life; Government and pyro. Its an odd mix but I'm obsessed with using Anarchy as a transition period between what we have now to a Lazziur-Faire (I can't spell that).

I'm almost racist against racist, so expect me to go off if you discriminate against race OR sex.

Yeahhh. Cheers.

#64 mikeartie1

mikeartie1

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:39 PM

hmmm.... well my name is mike and i am 12 years old and i live on the eastern sea board US

and ive been into pyro for bout a year. i am also into biology... i want to be a surgeon

#65 randallcasters

randallcasters

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Music, fireworks,wood,design,chemistry,research,film<br>NO TV

Posted 19 December 2007 - 02:28 PM

Howdy folks Randall here, an older dude who's been a hobbiest for quite
awhile. Not doing too much right now, but I still lurk around, checking out
diffrent comps and ideas.
This a pretty nice forum. I'm also a guitarist and composer of blues/rock/jazz music.
I'm presently trying to get a small business going with my home-built cnc router.

#66 Badnews

Badnews

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 02:02 PM

Badnews here, made a proper intro in the need help thread along with an actual question regarding supplies. Nice to meet you.

#67 Enkidu

Enkidu

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:47 PM

Well... I don't know where to put my contribution to the Info Pool. Posting a new topic seems to be disabled for me.

Rocket Manual for Amateurs - Capt. Bertrand R. Brinley (1960). OCR by Enkidu

http://www.4shared.c...ley__1960_.html

Calculating the Center of Pressure of a Model Rocket TIR33- Barrowman, James (1970). OCR by Enkidu.

http://www.4shared.c...mes__1970_.html

Backyard Ballistics - Gurstelle, William (2001)
Bottle Rocket Handbook - Singleton, Leo (2001)
Elementary Mathematics of Model Rocket Flight - Cannon, Robert (1970)
Rocket Basics A Guide to Solid Propellant Rocketry - Thiokol
Spin Stabilized Rockets - Williams, Klofkorn, Harrison (2002)

http://www.4shared.c...9ee/Rocket.html

Would an admin or mod please contact me?

===

Edit in response to Sidewinder: I thought that this post would be as good an introduction to my persona as any - it shows willingness to contribute and addresses (in a civil manner) the fact that I can't get a response from Mumbles or Al. (Killing two birds with one stone, as they say.)

I have read the sticky in the Rules section; in fact, I read it long before I made a post on this board. There is no mention of the fact that posting a new topic is forbidden for those who have no posts. I surmised that it had something to do with keeping kewls from posting new threads, keeping spambots away, etc.

In summary, your post was not constructive in the least. :)

Let this addition to my post give you yet more incite into my character.

Edit #2: Fixed links.

#68 TheSidewinder

TheSidewinder

Firebreather

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:37 AM

Welcome to the forum, Enkidu, but this is a personal intro thread. Keep posts or replies on topic, please.

And just FYI, if you'd read the stickies about the rules you'd know why you can't just start posting right away after joining.

It's to prevent spam bots, and it's worked amazingly well! :D

M
program: n: a magic spell cast upon computers, which turns user input into error messages. v: A pastime akin to beating one's head against a wall, but with fewer rewards and less personal satisfaction.

#69 Mumbles

Mumbles

Grandmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:14 PM

If you sent me a PM I never got it. I looked through my last 3 months worth of them to find nothing. It's possible it was accidentally deleted if I thought I replied to you. If I did this I apologise. Please resend it.

To be fair, it is not explicity stated anywhere clearly about the no starting threads on the first post thing. It is buried in the "goodbye spammers" thread on the 4th page. Give the quantity of inquiries I get about this I am currently working on an FAQ, which clearly includes this. I may also edit the rules to say something to the same effect. Sidewinder, I believe you have access to the admin/mod section where you can see it. If not, let me know and I'll give you access.

As far as the info pool. It does not exist, and is unlikely to be reopened. It was a lot of hassle, and wasn't going along with the direction the board was evolving. There were other extenuating circumstances as well, but I won't go into them.
Just so you guys quit asking, here is the link to the old forum. http://www.xsorbit2....forum/index.cgi

The sky is my canvas, and I have 2,113 pounds of powdered paint in the workshop.

#70 Enkidu

Enkidu

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:41 PM

Mumbles - I have sent another PM. Please send me a PM if you don't get this one.

Too bad about the Info Pool. I love libraries. :)

#71 TheSidewinder

TheSidewinder

Firebreather

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:20 AM

Mumbles,

I don't have Admin Panel access on this forum. I'll PM you. I'd be happy to contribute up the FAQ.

Enkidu......

*shrug*

Your first post didn't say anything about who you ARE.

It said only what publications you had for the Info Pool. I didn't infer anything beyond that. And, the links you provided are corrupt. So there was no way for anyone to SEE if what you were offering were good publications (probable) or bad ones (possible, and there are a LOT of bad ones).

BTW, the links still don't work, you have 3 periods (...) in each link instead of correct path info.

And as regards the no-first-posting rule, I'll be sure and help Mumbles make the FAQ crystal clear on that issue, as well as others.

Back to the topic at-hand......

M
program: n: a magic spell cast upon computers, which turns user input into error messages. v: A pastime akin to beating one's head against a wall, but with fewer rewards and less personal satisfaction.

#72 negativecaps

negativecaps

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:aerial mortars <br>

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:44 PM

Hello Professional, Amature, and enthusiast's.

My name is Justin, I am 22 - and i am a n00b.

Have always been fascinated by pyrotechnics & chemistry.

Looking forward to put in my contributions / other forms of my .02

ya for pyrotechnics ! :D

#73 50AE

50AE

Firebreather

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:13 PM

Oh, I forgot to introduce myself...

Soo, my name is Alexander, I'm 16 years old, Bulgarian. I've been practicing pyrotechnics for 6 months. My first steps were flash powder and smoke bombs, later I made black powder, fountains, rockets and salutes. Pyro is not principal hobby, I'm also in PC hardware, modding, video games, biking and others.

I prefer pyro than HE. What I like the most in pyro, is the bright fire :) ,

#74 ozbiz

ozbiz

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:06 PM

Hi....
steve from Australia
Lic. pyrotechnician, run courses here, import/sales.
Licenced for special effects (liquid/solid fuel etd)
Lic HE Explosives.

Look forward to reading and contributing to the forum.
Pyrotechnician Australia
Import/sales/Training/Indoor & Outdoor Displays
Special effects
Blasting qualified HE

#75 rocket

rocket

Pyrotechnician

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Hmmm thats a hard one!

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:49 PM

Welcome mate, great to have another Aussie on the forum and a licensed at that.
Most people waste money, but I burn mine away.

#76 GalFisk

GalFisk

Pyromaniac

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:13 AM

Hello all,
I'm a pyro from Sweden, I've always been fascinated by fire, but started making fireworks in earnest about a year ago (I'm 26). I've built sugar rockets and small shells. I've learned a lot, especially that I have a whole lot to learn :)
This seems to be one of the best pyro forums around, I've been lurking for a while and picked up tons of useful information, I'm un-lurking now because I think I can contribute to the forum.

#77 TheSidewinder

TheSidewinder

Firebreather

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:54 AM

Welcome to the Forum, Oz and Fisk!

M

#78 26shot

26shot

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:20 PM

Hello I've been into pyro for several years. Been reading this forum for awhile found it very intereasting! So I decided to join. Hope to be abble to contribute something useful in the future.

#79 TheSidewinder

TheSidewinder

Firebreather

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:50 AM

Welcome to the Forum, 26shot. Pull up a chair.... ;)

#80 combuster

combuster

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 05:14 PM

yes ima noob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users