APC Forum

Introductions

Mumbles

Hello all,

I'm a pyro from Sweden, I've always been fascinated by fire, but started making fireworks in earnest about a year ago (I'm 26). I've built sugar rockets and small shells. I've learned a lot, especially that I have a whole lot to learn :)

This seems to be one of the best pyro forums around, I've been lurking for a while and picked up tons of useful information, I'm un-lurking now because I think I can contribute to the forum.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello I've been into pyro for several years. Been reading this forum for awhile found it very intereasting! So I decided to join. Hope to be abble to contribute something useful in the future.

Just noticed that I hadn't even introduced myself yet!

I call myself GraafVaag, which is a Dutch word-joke that none of you will really understand. Anyway, it's just me right?

By now, i'm doing pyrotechnics for about three years. However I haven't been really active last year, untill November. By now, I'm really advancing in shells and stars.

I'm rolling most of my stars now, and I'll be building a star roller when test week's over. (Yeah, school really slows down my pyro progress) Also, I'll be building a strong press soon, so I can switch to pressed/corned blackpowder, instead of pulverone.

Well, apart from what I will do, here's what I have done. ;) I've been playing with fountains quite a While, and later on, I switched to shells. Now doing 1" canisters up to 4" rounds. (Damn I love those 4") Most shells contain double-effect stars, since I like it more. Like a chrysanthemum, giving a coloured peony in the end. Or crackling! Man, I like crackling! Pity it's so toxic.

So, now you know some more about my pyro-life.

See you all around guys!

GraafVaag

Hey people my name is Joel I live in Kansas city MO Just got back from iraq and i am now out of the militry. KICK ASS. Any ways I have done rocketry and blown things up my entire life( i set my room on fire with a soldering iron at the age of 10) I like this legitimat pyro thing pretty cool. By the way i just got my first sugar rocket to fly today. Not perfect but It is a definate step in the right direction. peace out ppl

I live in Sweden, I've always been fascinated by electricity and fire, I've been into electronics for many years, and took up pyro "for real" about a year ago. I've been making starmines, sugar rockets and small shells mostly, and will gradually move up to bigger and better things (I have my first 2" in a tube right now).

I love the beauty of fireworks, the excitement of putting on a show, as well as the science behind it. I also love learning new stuff, and there's always something left to learn here.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I've been reading up on pyro for about 6 months, and started getting my chemicals about 2 months ago. I'm from Chicago IL, and I've only made zinc: sulphur propellant because my supposed potassium nitrate stump remover was sodium pyrosulphate :P .

Hi, I've been reading up on pyro for about 6 months, and started getting my chemicals about 2 months ago. I'm from Chicago IL, and I've only made zinc: sulphur propellant because my supposed potassium nitrate stump remover was sodium pyrosulphate :P .

I live in a suburb of Chicago. Just thought you'd like to know. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, my name is Ron and I live in the land of corn aka Ohio.

I've been interested in pyrotechnics for quite some time now, but I've had other things get in the way of it (car, lady, college, $$$) I hope to get back into in more this year, and I'm trying to get a head start before the fourth.

I enjoy pyro, working on my 91 mr2t, shooting sports, computers, gaming, poker, cigars, and good bear with good friends.

Any Blue Grass Pyrotechnics Guild members here?

Welcome to the Forums, you three! Pull up a chair.

Not sure if there's any BGP members here. There's a few of us in the WPAG, and one(?) in the MPAG I think. If they read this, I'm sure they'll give a shout.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

Just wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone... I am new to pyrotechnics... A friend and I have decided we needed a hobby and this is what we chose... We are really green to the construction and assembly of fireworks in all shapes and forms... We are willing to learn and listen to all the valuable input that you fellow pyros can give us... About the only experience we have is putting on 1.4G shows for family and friends with shells and other ideas we have come up with...

Some background on us... I myself am a Information System Assistant for a small Phone/DSL/TV company... I do the configuring on our servers to turn DSL and TV services on... Pretty laid back and quite abit of free time now and again... My buddy on the other hand is a co-owner of a Welding and Fabricating shop here in town... I used to weld for him and is quite a decent boss... He has alot of background in welding(duh), fabricating (duh), engineering and general dumbassness (lol)... So we can build pretty much anything we will ever need... Oh did I mention he has 2 shears and 2 hydrolic presses that can cut and bend up to half inch steel ^_^ ... We also have a Plasma CNC machine at our disposal...

We are going to be attending the PAT event coming up in Texas on the 29th and 30th of March... Looking forward to that... If you have any advice and or information we would be glad to hear it...

Take care and be safe!

Jeremy

I might be attending the PAT event myself. We'll see, isn't as appealing without the 1.3g fireworks.

jcrewpyros:

First, WELCOME to the Forum. Glad you decided to join us, we're always glad to see new people.

Second, please read the rules carefully. Due to the nature of what we're working with, they're strictly enforced, as I'm sure you would agree is the best policy.

Third, Feel free to ask any questions, but pay careful attention to our rules regarding ... certain compositions ... used in Pyrotechnics, specifically those containing Perc and fine metals.

Fourth, WELCOME to the Forum! It bears repeating. ;)

Enjoy your stay and we hope you enjoy the hobby as much as the rest of us!

TheSidewinder

Hi all I've been lurking round here for a while and thought i'd join.

I'm zilali and i've been into pyro for about two years now, though i'm starting again after a sixth month pyro break while i've been a uni.

Hopefully should be making a couple of 2-3'' shells in the next few weeks while i'm on my holidays.

Have a couple of vids on youtube if anyone wants to see..

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=zilali&p=v

My name's Alex and I'm in school to become an EMT. I've always enjoyed fireworks but unfortunately I've never had a chance to make anything spectacular due to local laws. I live in California in the North Bay Area and pretty much the only fireworks allowed are certified by the fire marshal. So for now I'll be focusing on rocketry.

I speak two languages, ride a motorcycle, and write fiction as a hobby. Currently I'm working towards becoming an EMT attached to the fire department. I hope to become certified in pyro and/or HE in the near future.

So, anyone else from the north bay?

Hey All.

My name is Aaron or you can call me Gunzway or most online people call me Gunz.

I am from Australia and I live in Victoria. I have had a fascination with fireworks for a long time. Since fireworks can only be bought in Canberra I was not going to take the risk and buy there and transport here. I could of bought illegal fireworks but I don't trust the manufacturing. So now I make them now I appreciate how hard fireworks are to make. I quite enjoy making fireworks and I somewhat enjoy making them than just buying/seeing commercial fireworks.

My hobbies include music, sport and I enjoy hanging out with my friends and chatting to them. The hardest part of pyrotechnics for me at the moment is finding places to buy my supplies as Australia is so over governed. But I will hopefully find them, If anyone from Melbourne knows a few brands/shops which sell common pyrotechnic substances give me a PM or an email.

I have been busily browsing the forums and I like the way they are set up and the content people have posted. This forum is one of the few forums I actively visit. Thanks guys!

Cheers.

Gunzway

I haven't really said hello to everybody, I've just been posting a little once in a while, so I thought I could give everyone a greeting now before I post more:)

Hi, my name is Rueben. I smelt the smoke around three years ago and I've been addicted since then:) I joined the APC forum in the summer of 07, allthough I haven't been very active yet. I've been more active in the Norwegain forum, but I would like to start taking part in the discussion of what we all burn for at APC forum too. I hope I can contribute a little with the knowledge I have, and I know I'm going to learn a lot from the clever minds here at APC forum.

Hi all,

My name is Michael and I'm in Western Australia.

I first got interested in pyrotechnics when I managed to ship some fireworks from ACT (back when you could still do that sort of thing), now I've finally gotten around to doing something about it.