• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
  • Interests:Pyro
    cooking
    movies

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:29 PM

hello

I'm Theren
I live in the USA, I did Civil War reanactments and "smelt the smoke" so I started this a little and it gradually grew to this forum.
Right now I'm trying to make a good fountain but I have very little money so its hard.
Take one pound of native sulfur, two pounds of linden or willow charcoal, and six pounds of saltpeter, which three things are very finely powderen on a marble slab. Then put as much powder as diesired into a case to make flying fire or thunder. ~ Liber Ignium ad comburendos Hostes by Marcus Graecus

#42 Ignes

Ignes

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 04:50 PM

Hello fellow-pyros!

I'm from the Netherlands. (Yes, I can almost hear you think about windmills, tulips, woodshoes, weed and the Amsterdam redlight disctrict) :P

Unfortunately it's hard being an amateur pyro here in this free country as it is illegal (resulting in very limmited resourses). Nevertheless I got infected with the pyro virus and try to master the art of fire.

Usually I'll be a bit quiet as I'm more a reader then a poster but if I can add something usefull I'll try. My experience: some nice small calibre shells, mines and cakes (all <3")
Veni Vidi Incendi!

#43 CrazyIsraeli

CrazyIsraeli

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 04:49 PM

Well hello.
So as you can guess, Im new here.
But not new to the world of pyrotechnics.
Eversince i was 7 i built all kinds of silly stuff...
But i hope to expand my so called wisdom, and learn things, Especially on the Rocketery forum.
Oh yes... cplmac, is - the one.
I guess i am the only one from Israel here...
Well, I hope I'll have a good time here.
Thankies, Roy.

#44 Mumbles

Mumbles

Grandmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,706 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:14 PM

Nope, there are a few other israelis here.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it.
Just so you guys quit asking, here is the link to the old forum. http://www.xsorbit2....forum/index.cgi

The sky is my canvas, and I have 2,113 pounds of powdered paint in the workshop.

#45 Aquarius

Aquarius

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 07:00 AM

So, I finally got around to introduce myself. Im from Scandinavia and the "Land of the Midnight sun".
Older than most, and have like many "smelt the smoke" at young age.

My primary interest in pyrotechnics is rockets, started out with KNSU and ended up with BP (for now).

Mainly the motors go into model rockets, all self made and totally unreliable if the wind is strong.....

But every now and then I roll a few stars, put them on a motor in a ball shell and light the sky!
Ok, more often than I like to think, since this hobby is not well liked (and borderlining illegal :( ) where I come from.

And I like beer, Harley's and diving.

#46 Jason

Jason

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:30 AM

Hey, names Jason (duh?). I'm 17 and got into pyro about 1 year ago, but havn't even attempted to build anything until recently.

If you don't see me posting much its because i've been reading these boards and soaking up everything I can, and anything I don't remember I go back and read.

Anyways, stay safe have fun.

#47 flying fish

flying fish

Pyrotechnician

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:43 PM

I'm Chris from Michigan (USA), 21, and been into small scale shellbuiding for about 3-4 years (lighting consumer fireworks *with enthusiasm* since as far back as I can remember). I think I was a member of the old forums, but not a regular...

I tend to stick with 1.75" (consumer size) and smaller, just because they are cheap to make and I'm trying to pay for college here.

Anyway, here's a funny little tidbit: I have a pyrex beaker for measuring liquids (usually acetone for NC laquer) in the garage, and my mom saw it the other day and was pissed because she though it was her "good" beaker. Then she took it inside and washed it, after which she realise that the sticker was still on it, meaning that it wasn't hers. Needless to say I thanked her for doing my dishes for me :).

#48 kingvitamin

kingvitamin

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:24 PM

my name is nathanial, i am 2o yrs old i have been on many forums and have been playing with matches since i was a child. these last few years i have been in and out of pyro. i live in idaho and thats about all there is to say about me. oh yeah i am kinda a legend 'round these parts.

#49 crazyboy25

crazyboy25

Pyrotechnician

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 02:28 PM

oh yeah i am kinda a legend 'round these parts.

not very modest are you?
I love the smell of napalm in the morning- Robert Duvall

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

#50 Tyneman

Tyneman

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:51 AM

Tyneman here from Holland.

Been doing small pyro-thingys for over ten years now. Never done any big stuff. Thats mostly because I live in the middle of the city with no car or place to shoot nicer things.

My main interests are making different compositions and colours. Also I am pretty interested in the HE side of pyro life. Mainly it is really interesting from my chemical background, and because it's still fun even when making small quantities.

Allso I moderate at a dutch pyro-forum. Met some people who were here allso on the board and ICQ. So decided to sign up here.

That's all the rambling from this mad mouth.
Stay safe!
Gr33tZ

#51 frogy

frogy

Pyrotechnician

• PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Interests:Pyro, gaming, computers in general, paintball, potato guns...

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:33 AM

Well hello... I'm Frogy and I'm from Ohio, USA...

I'm an amateur pyro at the moment trying to work my way up... I've gone through much of the basics now and so I'm moving onto headers on rockets, shells, and such...

I started off with KNO3 smoke mix a few years ago with my dad, but not until recently have I bought a stash of kno3, made a ball mill, and stocked up on all the other various pyro chemicals to have a good time...

"I'll be here all week",
Dave

#52 andyboy

andyboy

Pyrotechnician

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:25 PM

Hi y'all. Im Andyboy and I'm a recovering pyroholic, and I know that the first step is admitting to it.

I live in a small desolate place called Sweden. I've been out of pyro for a long time but I'm back in the game as they say. Hopefully I will frequent this board as much as I want to but probably not since I have to many other responsibilities to take care of, will try to help out if I can. Can't say that I'm very experienced but I've done some rockets and firecrackers. :D

Thanks for everything rooster, couldn't have started up again if it wasn't for you. Made a press from one of the plates you gave me, will make one for you with the other one if you want me to.

That's all for now, we will be seeing each other out on the board, and what a fine board it appears to be.
Pasting is supposed to be messy, kinda like sex.

#53 Rooster

Rooster

Captain Fabuloso

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:53 PM

Dont believe Andyboys words, he's got more practical experience than most of us, was a mod on the old board, and the best pyro web site I have seen to this date. Hope you will be coming back, Andy, and if anything happens, please come to me with the stuff before burning it;)

Would love to see some more vids from you, and see you test the different stuff I gave you. Lots of fun to be made;) Hope you got the mill up and running, it should be quite effective... Good luck!
What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone. Cause there's a dead man on the other end of this fuckin' line.

#54 Pretty green flame

Pretty green flame

Firebreather

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:39 PM

Welcome back andyboy. Most likely you don't remember me as i got involved with pyro right about the time you got out of it. But i've read your posts on the old APC board. Very informative. I hope to seeing some footage of your pyro in the future :) .

Cheers
Does this unit have a soul?

#55 andyboy

andyboy

Pyrotechnician

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:44 PM

Won't be burning any stuff that isn't designated for it and I will never quit again if I can help it (except if I loose a limb or something like that), I love it to much :D

You might be giving me a bit to much credit since I feel that I've forgotten quite a bit since last although I still have some tricks up my sleeve ^_^

I remember you Pretty green flame, I've been lurking the board now and then since everything got back to "normal" in my life. Been watching you guys learning more and going beyond most, if not all, the stuff I made back in the days.
Pasting is supposed to be messy, kinda like sex.

#56 ULTRABUF

ULTRABUF

Pyrotechnician

• Donator - HE
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:59 PM

Its nice to see you here andyboy, I also remember reading your posts on the old forum. I think you left before I even joined though. I'm glad your getting back into it, thats awesome.

#57 Bonny

Bonny

Firebreather

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 12:18 PM

Hi all,

From Manitoba,Canada...land of temperature extremes... +35C in summer and -40C in winter. Been doing pyro for about 1-1/2 years.
I like aerial shells the best.Currently shooting mostly 1" cylinder shells and experimenting with 3" cylinders. Might try and start making ball shells this (long) winter.
Also started recently experimenting with wheels. I'll be lighting my second wheel as well as some other stuff this weekend...probably last "show" until next year. Hopefully get some good film footage!

Always learning from here and sometimes adding some of my own ideas and experiences.

#58 Dr. Hextromeister

Dr. Hextromeister

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:27 PM

Welcome back, Andyboy!

Any chance of a re-release of your old site for 2008? :D

#59 optimus

optimus

Pyrotechnician

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:32 AM

Good to hear from you again Andy!

And welcome Bonny!

#60 oskarchem

oskarchem

Pyrotechnician

• PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:39 AM

Hey My name is Oskar... yeah its with a K and so what? lol....
I live in France speek polish, English and french fluently... (By the way if you need my polish to speek to keten for sum chem info i will do it gladly).
Been into chemistry for about 2 years and into pyro for about 1 year...
My two passions are in the sky, Flying and Pyrotechnics

My Vids -----> http://fr.youtube.com/OskarChem

CAUTION: Aviation may be hazardous to your wealth.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users