APC Forum

Powder + crackling balls

AdamB

Hello,

I'm quite new to this, so I don't know much about this kind of stuff. I cut open a few firecrackers to collect the black powder and crackling balls. It is a type of firecracker that when you ignite it will crackle for a bit and then explode. So the top is filled with the black powder which I think might be flash powder? Underneath it is the actual gunpowder that makes the explosion, it has a gray color. When I tried to light the black powder separately it wouldn't ignite nor would the balls. Does anyone know what this is and how can I ensure it ignites?

black powder.png

black powder.jpg

1 hour ago, AdamB said:

Hello,

I'm quite new to this, so I don't know much about this kind of stuff. I cut open a few firecrackers to collect the black powder and crackling balls. It is a type of firecracker that when you ignite it will crackle for a bit and then explode. So the top is filled with the black powder which I think might be flash powder? Underneath it is the actual gunpowder that makes the explosion, it has a gray color. When I tried to light the black powder separately it wouldn't ignite nor would the balls. Does anyone know what this is and how can I ensure it ignites?

black powder.png

black powder.jpg

There you go saying "top is filled with balck powder and it might be flash powder"

How is it possible?

Black powder must be in granular form which could be mixed with crackling stars and at bottom which you say it explodes must be filled with flash.

The things you are trying to ignite is not igniting please make sure that if it is mixed with clay or it colud be entire clay.

Try another sample.....Only ignite granulated black powder with safety fuse attatched to it.....and if there is any flash then it must be in powder form. You can test it too but just take it in tiny amount only and use safety fuse tooo.....