APC Forum

Gang pump

fr3dopyrox

Hello fireworks people,

Hello, I am thinking of buying a gang pump 6mm, do you think it is worth it? or should I buy a star plate in the same size or 8mm? Thanks for reading me , goodbye friends, peace…

Do you have a link to the gang pump?  To be honest I've never used one and don't know how they work or the benefit of one over a star plate.  Id be curious to see one.  Thanks.

A star plate is used in a big press, so without a big press it's necessary to use a star pump/gang pump. How many stars do you need? it's likely that you can make many sorts(colours) of stars in a pump in small quantities OR make many identical stars in a plate. Plates make many stars per pressing and eat up lots of compound.

I have seen a website link for him somewhere, I will find it and check it out.  Thanks.

Arthur - so gang pumps just rely on a damper composition and hand pressure with a good binder? (Since they aren't getting the same compaction as with a star plate). 

If so, I wonder if they burn out quicker than a pumped star...... They must.  I could use 1/2" hand pressure pressed comets to build a 3" shell potentially, since there is less comp and should burn quicker. Hmmm......  Thanks.

IMG_5286.jpeg       This is 6mm gang pump , in the agora section you can fin zmuro posting pictures and prices.. he’s from Eu 

Edited by fr3dopyrox

4 hours ago, cmjlab said:

Do you have a link to the gang pump?  To be honest I've never used one and don't know how they work or the benefit of one over a star plate.  Id be curious to see one.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, Arthur said:

A star plate is used in a big press, so without a big press it's necessary to use a star pump/gang pump. How many stars do you need? it's likely that you can make many sorts(colours) of stars in a pump in small quantities OR make many identical stars in a plate. Plates make many stars per pressing and eat up lots of compound.

I need a lot stars , I have 6 tons hydraulic press…