APC Forum

Strobe Tools help me decide what size to buy

Gunter321

I want to get into strobe rockets and i want to start with a small Tool set So 4oz or 8oz

Price dosent matter. So my question is can you get a good loud poping Sound out of an 4oz motor or should i get an 8oz Tool? And yes i know those small Motors wont be as loud as a big 3lb motor i just want it so you can here it good. I would Prefer the 4oz tool because you dont need as much comp but if it is significantly harder to get a decent working strobe than on a bigger Tool i would prefer the bigger one. When i get good with the strobe im gonna switch to a 1lb or 3lb Tool. So whats your opinion? What Tool should i get, to get startet with strobe?

Btw im pretty experienced with whistle rockets.

Edited by Gunter321
  • Like 1

What kind of press do you use for your whistle rockets? What's the exact comp and how big are they? What's your blast shield made out of?

Just like whistle fuel, strobe fuel is cheap--way cheaper than your tooling and press.

• Like 1

What kind of press do you use for your whistle rockets? What's the exact comp and how big are they? What's your blast shield made out of?

Just like whistle fuel, strobe fuel is cheap--way cheaper than your tooling and press.

I have 2 15mm lexan shields so 30mm between me and the rocket.the press i use us a hydraulic press with a manual pump (not the kind with a bottle Jack for cars). I use potassium benzoate and copper oxychloride.

The question how bif are they i think you mean how big my rockets were that i alredy made, i made rockets from 2oz to 4lb

• Like 1