APC Forum

Impressive Kamuro shells.

Zumber

Good to see you all friends...!!

I have been watching japnese shells on internet since many years....And I love there kamuro effects a lot. Below I am posting one link in which there are very impressive kamuro shells fired......that kamuro is very very bright....also at burst time I have noticed it gives lot of yellowish brightness (could be yellow flash booster?)

I have watched this video 2 years before and since that time I was focusing to produce such effect....there are lots of kamuro formulas, willow, bright willow formulas over internet, pyro books, youtube,forums and so on...but none of it matches near to that bright kamuro like in video....in these days I am able to discuss one japnese friend, I showed that video to him and asked the reason of what metal produce such brightness and he told me in japan every company uses titanium for their kamuro shells.... he personally uses 100 mesh titanium not ferrotitanium...And pine charcoal is best for this effect....so lets discuss more on this kamuro effect so that we will reach near to such impressive star. Also please answer about yellowish bright booster at the time of opening of shell.

Edited by swapnilsutar1988
  • Like 1

Two thoughts -

1. The brightness could perhaps be attributed to star size in addition to the formula / titanium, those look like large shells. If they were large shells, and the stars are 1" round or bigger, I could see why the kamuro would be so bright, and any attempt you or I make in less than a 16" would seem dim by comparison.

2. In my personal opinion, the color of the burst could be a result of the camera auto-color/white balance/etc. There are points where the black sky looks tinted orange in a strange way from the cameral trying to capture contrast from bright light to black sky.

Context: I've never made a shell bigger than 6".

Charles

Is a brief introduction to Japanese firework manufacture. Every star will be chosen for effect and burn rate and burn time (they may be big or small and slow burning)

This was 54 x 3" shells inserts as an outer layer and half inch red stars as an inner petal 6" diameter with lots of silver stars in the gaps between the shell inserts, The burst was meal on rice krispies. ..

Two thoughts -

1. The brightness could perhaps be attributed to star size in addition to the formula / titanium, those look like large shells. If they were large shells, and the stars are 1" round or bigger, I could see why the kamuro would be so bright, and any attempt you or I make in less than a 16" would seem dim by comparison.

2. In my personal opinion, the color of the burst could be a result of the camera auto-color/white balance/etc. There are points where the black sky looks tinted orange in a strange way from the cameral trying to capture contrast from bright light to black sky.

Context: I've never made a shell bigger than 6".

Charles

Thanks a lot for replying...!! Yes shells are bigger in size 36 inch and 48 inches.....those shell manufactured by katakai fireworks company.....and the brightness at burst time could be because of camera settings...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txq3NM35_C4

Is a brief introduction to Japanese firework manufacture. Every star will be chosen for effect and burn rate and burn time (they may be big or small and slow burning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9XNUnbxo50

This was 54 x 3" shells inserts as an outer layer and half inch red stars as an inner petal 6" diameter with lots of silver stars in the gaps between the shell inserts, The burst was meal on rice krispies. ..

Thank you Arthur for your response....!!😊