APC Forum

Pistola fans...

Richtee

One of my pride and joys. A 1936 P-08 Mauser Luger. It’s not perfect. Missing a numbers matching trigger sear and an original (Also numbered) magazine. “Clip” for you Kewls.. :D )

Fascinating action on this pistol. Out the top. Bad on an indoor range tho..hot brass down shirts burns nipples.

This “Image of Evil”- possibly the most recognized..if not by name but reputation- in the world.

Shoots very well. Intuitive feeling about it. Recoil is average. It’s not a really LIGHT pistol, but not cumbersome.

post-6205-0-74826000-1663702043_thumb.jpg

post-6205-0-99035000-1663702059_thumb.jpg

Very cool, I'm still lacking a luger in my collection. Here's a different German pistol that I do have, a 1928 Mauser C96 with 9.75" barrel and shoulder stock all matching serial numbers.

IMG 20220921 181032 (2)

Edited by ThrownBiscuit

Out of curiosity, how does one avoid burnt nipples on an outdoor range, but not the indoor variant? :-)

No ceiling to bounce the hot brass back down :D

Very cool, I'm still lacking a luger in my collection. Here's a different German pistol that I do have, a 1928 Mauser C96 with 9.75" barrel and shoulder stock all matching serial numbers.

Nice Broomhandle! I was looking at one a few months back. It was a little too pretty (expensive) for me. Hey... is there a tax stamp or something for that stock? Or is that somehow legal as an “antique”?

Hey... is there a tax stamp or something for that stock? Or is that somehow legal as an “antique”?

NFA exempted due to being C&R per BATFE [PC 17705(a)]. It would have trouble if it was a modern stock, but it's the original that came with it so it's kosher.

Edited by ThrownBiscuit
  • Like 1

NFA exempted due to being C&R per BATFE [PC 17705(a)]. It would have trouble if it was a modern stock, but it's the original that came with it so it's kosher.

Ahhh.. OK. I knew there were exceptions. I can neither confirm nor deny I have a stock for the P-08, but if I did it would probably be hand made 40 years ago :D Before I owned it.

That C’s a 7.63 right? How’s it to get ammo..or is it not a “shooter’?

No ceiling to bounce the hot brass back down :D

Makes sense, though it leaves an unsavory mental picture! :-)

Charles

I work in Northern VA / MDW so there is not a lot of room for outdoor ranges. At my work, we finished a facility with an indoor range, certified for up to .50 CAL weapons! I have yet to see anyone test that certification limit, but we definitely use it for all else (9mm, 40mm, .556, 7.62, etc).

I'm fact I'm not sure what makes it capable of handling .50 CAL, maybe a third layer of rubber bricks?

Charles

Charles

That C’s a 7.63 right? How’s it to get ammo..or is it not a “shooter’?

Yes, it is a 7.63 and its not too difficult to get ammo as long as you don't mind PPU ammo. I have shot it but will probably refrain in the future, disassembly and reassembly for cleaning is kind of a chore.

I'm fact I'm not sure what makes it capable of handling .50 CAL, maybe a third layer of rubber bricks?

Charles

I think for .50 BMG it has to do more with the length of the area behind the backstop, the thickness and height of backstop, and the durability of baffles if they are used. Here is some data on the subject if you wish to subject yourself to mind numbing legalese. :wacko:https://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2013/05/f1/Range_Design_Criteria.pdf