APC Forum

Comet made from leftovers

Uarbor

Nice looking comet.

Din’t go whimpy on the launch charge, didja? :P Very pretty!

• 2 weeks later...

Dang, that thang was chuffin' !! Nice use of scraps! Mine usually end up in the firepit, often amusing. That volume would require a mandatory "standback". Nice use of them thar 6" x 1" gerb tubes! Bought a bunch from CF for the upcoming summer season.

Was there a bunch of mini/micro metallic charcoal comp scraps in there giving those metallic minibursts, because they weren't popping like DE scraps would but kinda "looked" like DE pops?

Anyways, good fun!

I like that a lot! Can you tell me what comps went into that? especially the white long lasting stars?

I think the secret is the "broken and crushed stars." What comps were those?

Very interesting indeed!

The compositions were all versions of Tiger Tail stars that were ball milled and then various Metals added for effect. There was spherical titanium, various sizes of aluminum including atomized and course flitter which is what was causing the chuffing if I'm not mistaken. I am pretty sure the white long lasting sparks are from sponge titanium which was a large mesh size. I wish I knew for sure if it was the sponge Titanium or the coarse flitter that was responsible for the effect. I do remember that the course flitter was not doing much in my Starz probably because I did not use any sort of delay agent Edited by Uarbor
  • Like 1

Depending on what you're calling course. It shouldn't need a delay agent. If it wasn't displaying in your stars tails. It either wasn't getting hot enough. The comp temp, or duration of time in the flame envelope. Or, it was being consumed in the flame envelope ( less likely ) which you'll notice, by the head being pretty bright. And the comp would most likely look to be fuel deficient.