APC Forum

DE/BP mix

Richtee

Fun little bastages!

Bismuth DE mix with +15 Ff BP mixed in while binding with NC. Dipped visco in and let set up.

https://youtu.be/KIBX9OVrWNE

post-6205-0-13181700-1648767651_thumb.jpg

Edited by Richtee
  • Like 1

Can you explain in a bit more detail how you mixed in the BP whilst binding with NC lacquer? I am having trouble visualizing how you made the cores, bound then added bp...

Seems like an easy way to "prime" the DE.

Did you screen slice? what mesh size were your cores? -10+12?

Was the FFg store-bought or homemade?

Thanks!

Nothing all that complicated :D I mixed up the DE mix and poured it into a small glass container. Added the (home made) BP, and poured in the prepared NC lacquer until the right “goopiness” was obtained. Then just dipped pre-cut visco and set aside to dry. The tricky part is the “goopiness”- too thin won’t stick well, too dry and it crumbles off. I keep an eyedropper of acetone handy to adjust the mix as I go.

Incidentally, this was an “accident” :D I was priming a poured sheet of “wet” eggs with BP and it crumbled badly on me. Weak NCL I surmise. Anyway..I thought what the hell am I gonna do with it NOW? Annnd..there ya go hahahaa

Here’s a more “intimate” vid. Hmm bet a hunk of this in a campfire would wake up the crowd :D

https://youtu.be/LsBd_vS-szY

• 4 weeks later...

Here’s a 4” length of visco coated with the mix. Entertaining!

Here’s a 4” length of visco coated with the mix. Entertaining!

Hey, you made yourself some "Magic Whips" except with slightly larger pops to them! Crackle never seems to get old.

Hey, you made yourself some "Magic Whips" except with slightly larger pops to them! Crackle never seems to get old.

I am rather fascinated by the stuff. How the hell does it work? Pressed some BP .25 stars with chunks in it in the center. Still no colors, but there’s other avenues of entertainment. Rolled some tubes for inserts outta alum foil. Should be cool in the sunlight, should we get some up here...:D