APC Forum

Μodel paper for end discs

THEONE

End discs for what? I've seen tissue paper used to cover the place where a firework fire, I've seen thick board used for the closed end of a firework. The usual criterion is a cheap paper that does the job, hence unbleached board rather than white board(etc)

Chipboard end disks ( if that's what your referring to ) can be substituted with disks cut from ramboard. And, glued together, 2-3 ramboard disks. Equals about one 1/8" chipboard disk.

Yea i mean the chipboard end discs. It is really easy to find 3mm model paper but no luck for any thick paper board, any kind so i was thinking to use the model paper. I believe it is made of polystyrene plastic, not sure though.

If you are in the US ? Any decent hardware store will have ramboard. Lowes, HD, Ace, Menards.

Precocious carries disks for full size shells. Caleb will cut them to order. Pyro direct has a somewhat decent selection ( though some of them are on the thin side, and should be doubled up )

A quality art/craft/bookbinding store should have sheet stock available. If you want to cut your own.

Edited by Carbon796

Three ring binders can be a viable source of disc material as well, and you can usually pick em up cheap at thrift stores.

Do you have a "Staples" near you. When I had one nearby I could get many thicknesses of board there. To get good discs usually means good cutting tools which may be as expensive as well made discs from a firework supplier.

I have had success laminating chipboard together with wheat paste to make end disks. You can find die cutters up to 3.5" in size. This material can be found as various food packaging.

post-10038-0-58998700-1647219600_thumb.jpg

post-10038-0-32848600-1647219625_thumb.jpg

You live in a peculiar place if you have no waste card or board from home consumables. Look at corrugated board from packaging, and flat board from cereal boxes. If they are not thick enough stick discs together with wood glue.

Does corrugated board also works for end discs ? Cause it is not solid and it has got a lot of empty space into them.

I wouldn't build with it.