APC Forum

Colored stars using potassium persulfate?

redbullzuiper

Hi everyone,

I got a question. Would it be possible to create colored stars with K2S2O8, instead of using oxidizers like KClO4/KClO3?

I could not find anything regarding this. All the internet finds is flash related ...

Some questions I have about this chemical

How stable is K2S2O8 with metallic fuels?

How stable is K2S2O8 with organic fuels?

If I manage to get any colored composition out of it, is it storage stable/safe?

I happen to have 500g of it, but have no use for it yet.

Regards,

Richard

Never heard of it's use in pyro, it's used in laundry powders especially the more powerful whiteners.

Sadly you may have to do the tests. Then if you only had 500g there will not be much left, how expensive is it? Most pyro comps are finally formulated to be effective safe and CHEAP.

Never heard of it's use in pyro, it's used in laundry powders especially the more powerful whiteners.

Sadly you may have to do the tests. Then if you only had 500g there will not be much left, how expensive is it? Most pyro comps are finally formulated to be effective safe and CHEAP.

Yes, I want to run some tests with it, but I want to gather some info about its stability etc.

I can only find flash powder related topics over at science madness, thats about it. I don't want to make flash powder with it.

Not that expensive, 500grams is 6 euro and 1 kilo 10 euro, its 99+% pure.