APC Forum

3" color changing stars

redbullzuiper

Needed to get perfect break. I used nitrate based flash powders as booster usualy, problem is .. you need alot 15 grams or past them really much. Because I paste by hand I wanted to save some work using a different booster charge.

The star compositions used are

Purple - Jopetes fuschia

Red - Ned Gorsky brilliant red, bound with phenolic

Prime

Black powder with 15% sillicon.

Improvement

Want to use a different composition between the two color layers. The blackpowder based prime outputs too much light.

Nice break.

Changing of pink to red is not distinguishable. May be one more layer of changing relay.

What is the star size ?

Which forumula you have used for changing relay?

Try to use contrasting colors, which will look awesome than similar colors

Nice break.

Changing of pink to red is not distinguishable. May be one more layer of changing relay.

What is the star size ?

Which forumula you have used for changing relay?

Try to use contrasting colors, which will look awesome than similar colors

Thanks.

The stars were 10mm. The changing relay I used was black powder, with 8% phenolic resin and 10% silicon. I cant use the shimizu relay, because I am running out of perchlorate :/

Yes, you are right. My initial idea was to use blue, but I did not have enough perchlorate so I decided to use purple. But its true that the wavelengths of Purple and Red are pretty close, so people will most likely just see red if I didnt tell them there was purple first. Next time will roll white on top of red.