APC Forum

1.695G/CC muddas! :)

Richtee

Ahhh..BP. The roots...

post-6205-0-39787900-1633645805_thumb.jpg

1.695 is a good density comparable with some commercial powders.

Do you plan to use it for shooting or for pyro?

Or both?

1.695 is a good density comparable with some commercial powders.

Do you plan to use it for shooting or for pyro?

Or both?

Well, both. I’ve had this thing about “jumping crackers” lately..SOO much fun! And I have a BP rifle as do a couple friends. Powder’s on me this year :) Kinda hard to find and $25 a pound or more too. Jeebus. Been pondering some small mortar work too. Maybe like the 1 or 1.75 inch. The 3”+ days are over... sadly.

Also..it’s made with Paulownia wood. Bought a slab of it finally. I dunno... it’s no faster than the newsprint charcoal that I can tell. Good stuff tho.

Cream filling? :P

heh.. It’s filled with delicious SMOKE!

Edited by Richtee
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That Paulownia wood is something tho. I bet it’s a full CUP to make 15 grams. Stuff comes out the retort like a feather. Gonna have to try some balsa sometime.

• 2 weeks later...

I blinked and it was gone.

Same here :D

• 2 weeks later...

A “palouma” (sp?) with the BP. Not needing so great a containment, apparently... :)

I haven't tested my BP that way either. Just had to laugh so much. You´re the Man, Richtee :D

Paulownia Charcoal is great for making BP. Also Balsa....But , Balsa is waaaaayyyy to expensive :ph34r:

I haven't tested my BP that way either. Just had to laugh so much. You´re the Man, Richtee :D

Paulownia Charcoal is great for making BP. Also Balsa....But , Balsa is waaaaayyyy to expensive :ph34r:

Honestly, that powder is no faster than the newsprint paper charcoal I have made in the past...

I have made charcoal from balsa sawdust in the past and it was easily twice the volume per weight of most charcoal, maybe more. It made mixing into comps a huge pain and almost filled my ball mill jar trying to make a normal size batch.

I have made charcoal from balsa sawdust in the past and it was easily twice the volume per weight of most charcoal, maybe more. It made mixing into comps a huge pain and almost filled my ball mill jar trying to make a normal size batch.

Heh...basically airfloat already I’d imagine. It’s odd, ain’t it that’s it’s all basically C yet.. so much difference. Love this shit :D

Quote from Richtee:

Honestly, that powder is no faster than the newsprint paper charcoal I have made in the past...

I have read in another forum that newsprint charcoal is especially good. Can you tell us more about how you made yours and what type of newsprint you used?

Must the newsprint be conventional newspaper or will junk mail advertising work?

Or the slick page color print adverts?

Actually, it was the “blank”stuff you can buy for packing purposes. Had a ton of it around from a move. Like this stuff.. Packing Paper - Newsprint Paper Sheets 24 X 36" - ULINE - Bund…

Quote from Richtee:

I have read in another forum that newsprint charcoal is especially good. Can you tell us more about how you made yours and what type of newsprint you used?

Grazie Richtee,

Very helpful.

I've often wondered whether plain newsprint would be good or whether the Printer's Ink was necessary as a contributing factor.

As soon as I'm able to get set up for Charring there are a number of paper types that I want to try.

Curiosity. I get a lot of junk mail...