APC Forum

Are fuses all "sold out"?

racraig564

It is challenging to export fuse from China due to efforts by Chinese government/industry to discourage fireworks manufacture. They do not want to sell components to facilitate manufacturing in other countries. Previously it was possible to cheat the export restrictions but I understand that inspections are becoming more rigorous. I heard some efforts are underway to manufacture some type of fuse in the United States, but I think our capability to match the variety and price of fuse available from China is many years behind.

Chinese factories used to supply the UK with all sorts of components by just putting them in a container of fireworks, BUT as they were not listed on the documents that was a paper trail failure that was caught out at UK borders sometimes causing problems for importers. No doubt undocumented items in a fireworks container would be a problem at the USA border as well.

Not to mention shipping anything internationally, especially China..has been a bit of a problem the last year plus.

• 4 weeks later...
Check your local firearms ammo stores if they have muzzle loaders and black powder accessories they could potentially have fuse.

I believe the Op is referring to American Visco.. Sold from china? Perhaps..

Luckily I bought a few hundred feet early on but I as well am looking for some.

Everyone is sold out.. everywhere.. ugh..

I knew I should have built that visco machine.. lol

-Mus