Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

3lb whistle test


  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ronmoper76

ronmoper76

    Pyrotechnician

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Huntingdon Pennsylvania
  • Interests:Building computer,science,chemistry,anything pyrotechnic related,3# whistles and strobes at the moment.

Posted 07 June 2021 - 09:30 PM

I wanted to try a motor out i made last year to see if it still worked after sitting for so long. The shell wasn't labeled so i have no idea what it is and the video was shot through a tree,i felt like sharing anyhow.

Attached Files


  • stix likes this

#2 stix

stix

    Firebreather

  • Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia
  • Interests:Pyrotechnics, Model Rocketry, Programming, Photography

Posted 07 June 2021 - 09:54 PM

I wanted to try a motor out i made last year to see if it still worked after sitting for so long. The shell wasn't labeled so i have no idea what it is and the video was shot through a tree,i felt like sharing anyhow.

Nice one.


I just start the conversation - someone else has to question them.


#3 a_bab

a_bab

    Pyrotechnician

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 12:43 AM

Nice one, it wiggled it's way out the trees :)

What fuel? it sounds like benny. Details about how it was kept? Desiccant ?



#4 ronmoper76

ronmoper76

    Pyrotechnician

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Huntingdon Pennsylvania
  • Interests:Building computer,science,chemistry,anything pyrotechnic related,3# whistles and strobes at the moment.

Posted 08 June 2021 - 08:55 AM

Yeah i had a awful launch tube in the mud,i tried propping it up better but it was a little squirrely on takeoff,lol 76/23/1 Benz/Oxychloride/vaseline and the tubes were waxed as well.  It was a dark color fuel  so i'm pretty sure it had TIDI in it as well. I put a piece of duct tape over each end of the motor and placed them on a shelf so they were not disturbed or knocked around and that's about it. I have since omitted the oxychloride for for red iron oxide and TIDI for titanium sponge in my new ones and like them better. I realized they have plenty of power with plain red iron oxide and sound a lot better as well. I feel like the delay was a little short on this one,I never get it quite the same motor to motor and my height is a little low time to time.






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users