• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 24pyro97

24pyro97

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 03:22 PM

Actually i just made a very small batch yesterday. I put it outside and used a bunsen burner,didn't really smell a thing,my biggest problem was shielding the bunsen burner from blowing out with all the wind we had yesterday. We put a few ml in a cup and were dissolving old rusty barn nails,and speaker wire  in it. Its astonishing that in a minute flat the nail was so shiny it looked brand new. I have to say it was incredibly easy,keeping the condenser water iced down,and then insulating the vigreux column to stop some of the heat loss was the hardest part. I plan on distilling essential oils for the most point but if i ever found a actual use for it,im sure i would try to make it again before i paid a fortune to get it shipped from somewhere..

Yeah doing this outside may not be a problem but for someone trying to conduct this indoors (like a garage) vapors are bound to escape unless you build a no2 trap to stop this ...outside or in a fume hood and I'd say most people would be okay

Edited by 24pyro97, 09 April 2021 - 03:24 PM.

#22 ronmoper76

ronmoper76

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:Building computer,science,chemistry,anything pyrotechnic related,3# whistles and strobes at the moment.

Posted 10 April 2021 - 09:17 AM

Yeah that would be awesome,I just stray away from my home when possible when fooling with dangerous chemicals. After i got burnt really bad once in a accident,it scared me and i'm petrified to risk the same happening to a friend or family member.     I can still remember it like it was yesterday,my face looked like melted candle wax. I intend on building a whole separate building eventually,till then i try to do most everything dangerous outside and far from people.  

#23 ronmoper76

ronmoper76

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:Building computer,science,chemistry,anything pyrotechnic related,3# whistles and strobes at the moment.

Posted 10 April 2021 - 09:22 AM

Yeah that would be awesome,I just stray away from my home when possible when fooling with dangerous chemicals. After i got burnt really bad once in a accident,it scared me and i'm petrified to risk the same happening to a friend or family member.     I can still remember it like it was yesterday,my face looked like melted candle wax. I intend on building a whole separate building eventually,till then i try to do most everything dangerous outside and far from people.  I know one place that you can find it online cheaply,just not sure if he ships outside the united states. But all these guys are right in my opinion,I thought it was cool to make it too,but having a few lbs of it already made and stabilized for you in storage saves days and weeks of dicking around trying to make that much yourself. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nitrocellulose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users