• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 24pyro97

24pyro97

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 04:09 AM

I'm curious to see what kind of effects that people have made in a cylinder shell. like what are the possibilities for shell burst and break patterns compared to a ball shell, can some of the same effects be replicated in a cylinder shell? 

Edited by 24pyro97, 05 April 2021 - 06:53 AM.

#2 BetICouldMake1

BetICouldMake1

Pyrotechnician

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 07:23 AM

I suggest spending some time watching Italian and Maltese shells on youtube. Then watch some Japanese shells. That will give you a good idea of what respective mastery of cylinder and ball shells looks like. 

• kingkama likes this

#3 24pyro97

24pyro97

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 03:45 PM

Yeah im familiar with those type of shells im just curious what people have made on this forum like what different effects have they achieved in a ball shell vs a cylinder shell..I could've worded the post a bit better

#4 BetICouldMake1

BetICouldMake1

Pyrotechnician

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 05:58 PM

Still not really sure what you're asking.
I don't build ball shells but you can see some cylinders I built here (others on my channel as well). https://youtube.com/...LcQbJ1pNbovS1VX

#5 Arthur

Arthur

Firebreather

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,426 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 03:22 PM

Ball shells are necessary when the art demands spherical symmetry in the break, cylinder shells are good for putting a lot of stars in the sky. Round shells need hemis, cylinders need one tool per size and lots of brown paper and glue and string.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users