APC Forum

Neat Fountain

pycharm

Yeah, I can view it here.

Not bad. What's in it - Ti ?

Is the video showing up for anyone?

Nice 20-second charcoal fountain til it spit once and seemed to burn through the wall at the end. A little Ti or MgAl to sauce it up? Mostly looked like orange charcoal burning. A very impressive fountain, indeed--irregular burn but spicy. Wow.

Your safe testing spot is in the road closer to your neighbor's house than your own? They diggin' that?

Glad you were able to sort out the complex intricacies of using ematches--connected it directly to the battery, right? No wasteful switches? No continuity checks?

Congrats. On a semi-nice fountain. Love to know the details of your ignition system.

• Like 1

Damn that's pretty nice. How did you get such large sparks? Or is it just an effect from the camera lense?

Starter was bp/fountain mix. Fuel was kp/mgal with fine iron dust and a couple different Ti meshes and a bit of sodium bicarbonate. It still got a bit hot at the end and burned through the wall.

That wasn't the neighbors house, that's an empty lab that nobody uses anymore.

• Like 1

Does anybody have any suggestions on decreasing the smoke output? I didn't follow any recipes, just experimented a bit, but as you can see the smoke hindered the view of some of it.

Damn that's pretty nice. How did you get such large sparks? Or is it just an effect from the camera lense?

I used large Ti shavings. No camera lense effects.

Nice 20-second charcoal fountain til it spit once and seemed to burn through the wall at the end. A little Ti or MgAl to sauce it up? Mostly looked like orange charcoal burning. A very impressive fountain, indeed--irregular burn but spicy. Wow.

Your safe testing spot is in the road closer to your neighbor's house than your own? They diggin' that?

Glad you were able to sort out the complex intricacies of using ematches--connected it directly to the battery, right? No wasteful switches? No continuity checks?

Congrats. On a semi-nice fountain. Love to know the details of your ignition system.

I can get my bridgeless matches to fire with 24v but bridged I just use an old dell power supply with 18v output and this fires the bridged just fine. I used a toggle switch that closes the circuit once ready