APC Forum

SN10 SpaceX

yardarmwheeze

Hello! If anybody who is interested in rocketry and space doesn't know, SpaceX is launching their SN10 rocket today!! They had to abort their first launch, but they may relaunch today! This is just a heads up for those who want to watch live :D

Edit- Relaunch was successful!! The first time starship has been 100% successfully!!

Edited by yardarmwheeze

The launch went well until the landing. When the rocket touched down it was slightly

tilted from vertical which probably meant some damage which ultimately caused the

explosion several minutes later.

WATCH: SpaceX Starship prototype EXPLODES after ‘mostly successful’ test flight & touchdown

One of these days they'll get it right.

The launch went well until the landing. When the rocket touched down it was slightly

tilted from vertical which probably meant some damage which ultimately caused the

explosion several minutes later.

WATCH: SpaceX Starship prototype EXPLODES after ‘mostly successful’ test flight & touchdown

One of these days they'll get it right.

Yeah I saw that at eleven o clock today and was thinking about reediting my post but I was too tired. Yeah they improve every time so I am not worried

• 2 weeks later...
It seems like SN11 is already being tested, isn't it? You've heard that radio amateurs in the United States gained access to a closed radio broadcast of SpaceX data and were able to decode the transmission of mpeg4 video from a Falcon 9 rocket.

"Hacked", "closed", "decrypt" are not quite correct terms. Rather, radio amateurs recorded and decoded an unencrypted telemetry broadcast by SpaceX in an open format.

• 4 months later...

SPEAKING OF CATO's & RUD's

While touted as some fresh discovery or study, this is nothing new really at all.

It is nonetheless interesting.These "deadly vibraazyunz" in combustion chambers were observed in liquid rockets early on and were an ongoing barrier to "safely" riding rockets.I believe the Russians first successfully quelled the issue for "reliable" heavy boosters.

https://scitechdaily.com/discovering-the-cause-of-a-deadly-problem-in-rocket-engine-combustors/

• 5 months later...

Sorry if the message is off topic, but I really want to talk with SpaceX experts. I think everyone has heard about the conflict between Elon and the Chinese government? The accusation of the European Union even contained the phrases "space weapons" and "monopoly on space". But I didn’t find anything about Elon’s reaction. Can someone tell me about it?