APC Forum

Opening of FireworkCharcoal.com

Rmholbert

Just put in my order for a pound of paulownia!

Can't wait to try it out!!

-Mus

• Like 1

I have a question if been pondering on. Is there any difference between wild paulownia and I'll say tame? I noticed there is a difference in there cararistics

I have a question if been pondering on. Is there any difference between wild paulownia and I'll say tame? I noticed there is a difference in there cararistics

Paulownia is a genus, not a species. Paulownia encompasses several different distinct species, so that might play a role in differences you saw. Unsure which is most common in the US. Think most of the ones here originated in China, so probably only one or a few species growing in the US. Supposedly they're all over growing wild now, too. Invasive and fast growing.

Anyways, the paulownia charcoal from fireworkscharcoal is good stuff. Makes super fast nearly sparkless BP. Just re-upped... Need to compare it to his less expensive ERC charcoal for the times I'm too lazy to retort my willow branches or ERC pet bedding.

• 3 weeks later...

Just put in my order for a pound of paulownia!

Can't wait to try it out!!

-Mus

So I just wanted to chime back on my experiences with your Paulowina charcoal and my order..

My order showed up in a very reasonable amount of time and I just made a batch of BP, Pressed pucks with 70% IPA and to be honest.. It's the best powder I've made to date.. (3+yrs) I will be ordering a few lbs again shortly!

Good work!

-Mus

I JUST went to your website to order. Sad to see you're sold out on almost ALL product! I did subscribe to your newsletter, please advise when you restock. I hope all is well and yall will bounce back soon. Wanted some fast charcoal. Good luck.

Flare Launcher

I JUST went to your website to order. Sad to see you're sold out on almost ALL product! I did subscribe to your newsletter, please advise when you restock. I hope all is well and yall will bounce back soon. Wanted some fast charcoal. Good luck.

Flare Launcher

Damn, no kidding.

Chris has ERC in stock at FWC for $12/pound that I've tested and is very nice (so is cooked Wallyworld pet bedding ERC). Minimum 2 pound-bag and it's granular. He's been carrying southern yellow pine coal, too, but is out of that... Cheap generic hardwood airfloat in stock ($2.50/pound) that makes great charcoal stars...