24 replies to this topic

#21 SharkWhisperer

SharkWhisperer

Pyrotechnician

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 01:08 PM

Received my order from Michael at FireworkCharcoal.com, and here's a summary of my experience:

The Good Stuff:

1) Ordered and paid, and on my doorstep 1000 miles away in 3 days--Priority Mail. Nice.

2) Pricing was fair; shipping costs were as expected.

3) Products were in 12" x 12" (approx) thick plastic bags and clearly labeled; 1 pound per bag.

4) Charcoal looks/feels reasonably fine though bag--definitely ready for the ball mill; can't comment on screen sifting or actual size because I haven't checked. No performance testing yet.

Suggestions for Excellence:

1) An email confirming order was never received and I didn't sign up for an account, so only way to check on order would be to message them through their website or email at support@fireworkcharcoal.com, which I did not feel the need to do. A confirmatory email that the order was received, with order details (in addition to the webpage confirmation upon payment) would be nice. I had no idea what my Order Number was once I paid and closed that webpage.

2) An email indicating when the order was shipped and providing the USPS tracking number would be very useful for estimating delivery date, particularly in the era of porch pirates.

3) Please modify website with capacity to calculate shipping costs by zip code only (if in US) instead of having to enter detailed personal information first, and set this up to automatically  update shipping/total costs when/if cart contents change.

4) Very minor disparities in website descriptions of product availability. The website shows quantity currently available for some specific products, posted next  to unit  price on product page (e.g., today I see available units for Paulownia, Mixed Hardwood 20-100 mesh sizes), but no availability provided for others (e.g., ERC, Mixed Hardwood Airfloat, and Southern Yellow Pine airfloat). It would be helpful, if you are providing precise availability, to do so for all products.

5) Please add the support@fireworkcharcoal.com to your Contact Us link; right now I only see it in the FAQs.

6) Consider offering a Retail Post shipping option for people who are willing to wait longer for delivery while saving a few bucks, and an overnight delivery option for people who are in a hurry and willing to pay the premium (I NEED MY CHARCOAL YESTERDAY, dammit!!!).

7) A very minor point, but the presentation order of your Hardwood and SYP charcoals according to consistently increasing or decreasing size would look more professional--for example, both are currently listed in this order: Airfloat, 100 mesh, 20, 30, 50, and then 70 mesh. More intuitive might be: Airfloat, 100, 70, 50, 30, 20, or the reverse.

Summary:

Speedy delivery of well-packaged, reasonably-priced product. Order confirmation/summary and Shipping/Tracking emails were expected but not received. I would have unnecessarily bothered you today by messaging to request a status update, if package hadn't arrived today. This could be a time-waster for you if business gets very busy, and I hope business is good! This could also be largely avoided by sending out Order Confirmation and Shipping/Tracking emails.

Product quality (moisture content, size distribution, and performance in milled BP) will be evaluated and observations posted later in the month.

Looks like you're off to a good start & a pleasure doing business with you!

Thanks,

Shark

Note to Mods: This entire thread might be best suited for the Agora or Vendor Reviews section(s) than this Pyrotechnic section?

Edited by SharkWhisperer, 05 March 2021 - 01:36 PM.

• yardarmwheeze likes this

#22 Rmholbert

Rmholbert

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 06:39 PM

Received my order from Michael at FireworkCharcoal.com, and here's a summary of my experience:

The Good Stuff:

1) Ordered and paid, and on my doorstep 1000 miles away in 3 days--Priority Mail. Nice.

2) Pricing was fair; shipping costs were as expected.

3) Products were in 12" x 12" (approx) thick plastic bags and clearly labeled; 1 pound per bag.

4) Charcoal looks/feels reasonably fine though bag--definitely ready for the ball mill; can't comment on screen sifting or actual size because I haven't checked. No performance testing yet.

Suggestions for Excellence:

1) An email confirming order was never received and I didn't sign up for an account, so only way to check on order would be to message them through their website or email at support@fireworkcharcoal.com, which I did not feel the need to do. A confirmatory email that the order was received, with order details (in addition to the webpage confirmation upon payment) would be nice. I had no idea what my Order Number was once I paid and closed that webpage.

2) An email indicating when the order was shipped and providing the USPS tracking number would be very useful for estimating delivery date, particularly in the era of porch pirates.

3) Please modify website with capacity to calculate shipping costs by zip code only (if in US) instead of having to enter detailed personal information first, and set this up to automatically  update shipping/total costs when/if cart contents change.

4) Very minor disparities in website descriptions of product availability. The website shows quantity currently available for some specific products, posted next  to unit  price on product page (e.g., today I see available units for Paulownia, Mixed Hardwood 20-100 mesh sizes), but no availability provided for others (e.g., ERC, Mixed Hardwood Airfloat, and Southern Yellow Pine airfloat). It would be helpful, if you are providing precise availability, to do so for all products.

5) Please add the support@fireworkcharcoal.com to your Contact Us link; right now I only see it in the FAQs.

6) Consider offering a Retail Post shipping option for people who are willing to wait longer for delivery while saving a few bucks, and an overnight delivery option for people who are in a hurry and willing to pay the premium (I NEED MY CHARCOAL YESTERDAY, dammit!!!).

7) A very minor point, but the presentation order of your Hardwood and SYP charcoals according to consistently increasing or decreasing size would look more professional--for example, both are currently listed in this order: Airfloat, 100 mesh, 20, 30, 50, and then 70 mesh. More intuitive might be: Airfloat, 100, 70, 50, 30, 20, or the reverse.

Summary:

Speedy delivery of well-packaged, reasonably-priced product. Order confirmation/summary and Shipping/Tracking emails were expected but not received. I would have unnecessarily bothered you today by messaging to request a status update, if package hadn't arrived today. This could be a time-waster for you if business gets very busy, and I hope business is good! This could also be largely avoided by sending out Order Confirmation and Shipping/Tracking emails.

Product quality (moisture content, size distribution, and performance in milled BP) will be evaluated and observations posted later in the month.

Looks like you're off to a good start & a pleasure doing business with you!

Thanks,

Shark

Note to Mods: This entire thread might be best suited for the Agora or Vendor Reviews section(s) than this Pyrotechnic section?

Hey SharkWhisperer!

Thank you for your business and your very thorough post detailing your experience shopping with us! Be sure to keep us all posted on your progress and thoughts while using our product. 

First, I want to apologize for the lack of communication you received while ordering from us! All of our customers should be receiving order confirmation emails, order shipment emails with tracking, and out for delivery emails automatically. We are very interested in learning more about where we had a breakdown in this process. I’m sure you’ve already thought of this but could our emails have ended up in your spam folder? You mentioned not having an order number which would make sense having not received any emails. To help us identify your order number, could you tell us the day and products you ordered? If you’d like to message me privately with that information that’s fine. This will help us look into your order and hopefully identify the issue. 

Thank you for all of the tips on how we can continue to improve our webpage! I think you and others have brought up some great points. Probably the biggest is allowing folks the ability to check on shipping by using just a zip code. We are currently working on getting this feature added to the site and hope to have it functional shortly. 

Another often mentioned observation is how some of our items display the available quantity and others don’t. Currently, we are only displaying the available number when our inventory dips to below 10 pounds, ready to ship. This seems to be causing some confusion among our buyers. I personally feel this is valuable information to know when making a purchase but perhaps adjusting this to show all available or removing this feature altogether is necessary.

We want to be easily reachable in the event of a problem with any order and I’ll admit that I dropped the ball on having that contact information easily accessible on our site. This will be taken care of asap. 

Again thank you for all the feedback regarding your experience and tips on how we can improve. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

• SharkWhisperer and yardarmwheeze like this

#23 SharkWhisperer

SharkWhisperer

Pyrotechnician

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 11:11 AM

Hey SharkWhisperer!

Thank you for your business and your very thorough post detailing your experience shopping with us! Be sure to keep us all posted on your progress and thoughts while using our product. 

First, I want to apologize for the lack of communication you received while ordering from us! All of our customers should be receiving order confirmation emails, order shipment emails with tracking, and out for delivery emails automatically. We are very interested in learning more about where we had a breakdown in this process. I’m sure you’ve already thought of this but could our emails have ended up in your spam folder? You mentioned not having an order number which would make sense having not received any emails. To help us identify your order number, could you tell us the day and products you ordered? If you’d like to message me privately with that information that’s fine. This will help us look into your order and hopefully identify the issue. 

Thank you for all of the tips on how we can continue to improve our webpage! I think you and others have brought up some great points. Probably the biggest is allowing folks the ability to check on shipping by using just a zip code. We are currently working on getting this feature added to the site and hope to have it functional shortly. 

Another often mentioned observation is how some of our items display the available quantity and others don’t. Currently, we are only displaying the available number when our inventory dips to below 10 pounds, ready to ship. This seems to be causing some confusion among our buyers. I personally feel this is valuable information to know when making a purchase but perhaps adjusting this to show all available or removing this feature altogether is necessary.

We want to be easily reachable in the event of a problem with any order and I’ll admit that I dropped the ball on having that contact information easily accessible on our site. This will be taken care of asap. 

Again thank you for all the feedback regarding your experience and tips on how we can improve. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Hi, just some ideas to ponder.  I'll provide feedback on product quality when I get a chance to use it. And yes, I did check my spambox. Maybe just address the inventory availability disparity with an explanation in your FAQ section? Tx again.

#24 SharkWhisperer

SharkWhisperer

Pyrotechnician

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 08:31 PM

Hey SharkWhisperer!

Michael hi,

Hope business is starting out swiftly for you.  It might benefit you by either reposting your availability in the Agora section, or asking the mods to transfer this thread over to there. If a new post, I'd title it loud-n-proud "Paulownia/ERC/Pine Charcoal for Sale!" or similar, to make yourselves immediately stand out. This would probably also get you further to the top of the listings in a standard google search.

Still haven't tested your Paulownia coal yet, but soon will, and will report back comparative findings vs other coals I use.

I wish you continued good luck in your business ventures!

SW

#25 dom

dom

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 03:30 AM

Cool!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Charcoal, Paulownia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users