whistle rocket no pressing?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ronmoper76

ronmoper76

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Building computer,science,chemistry,anything pyrotechnic related,3# whistles and strobes at the moment.

Posted 28 February 2021 - 10:41 PM

can somebody please explain this video or do they have the recipe?

https://www.bing.com...ade&FORM=VDMHRS

#2 SharkWhisperer

SharkWhisperer

Pyrotechnician

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 12:08 AM

No. You're asking for hand-holding without doing any appropriate legwork yourself. Perhaps contact the poster, with Google Translate open and set to Hindi, and ask him yourself. But if you eventually figure out the comp, you probably don't want to dry your motors in or near an oven like the time you almost burned your house down and killed your girlfriend drying stars under a woodburning stove, ffs. Oh, you hurt yourself too? Bad burns? Not unexpected with that level of common sense.

If you haven't noticed yet that you are not receiving a warm reception, it is because you are clearly a moron who is demonstrably a danger to yourself (who cares) and others around you (we care). Who learns zip/zero from dangerous mistakes.

Edited by SharkWhisperer, 01 March 2021 - 12:16 AM.

#3 ronmoper76

ronmoper76

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Building computer,science,chemistry,anything pyrotechnic related,3# whistles and strobes at the moment.

Posted 01 March 2021 - 02:13 PM

not this clown again,somebody help me out here. This dude is a obnoxious and never has anything useful to say,i feel like we are at gym class middle school again and he is about to get a wedgie and a trash can over his head.  im blocking him his silly ass

• Piccaso likes this

#4 justvisiting

justvisiting

Pyrotechnician

• PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 04:36 PM

ronmoper76, with pyro and many other things, the substance of what is said is more important than how we feel about what was said. You got picked at because you are asking about some of the more dangerous aspects of pyro, and your link to the whistle video shows that you do not know enough about pyro to be making those things. I agree with that perception.

Commercial E-matches have caused deaths. Strobe mix is unusually sensitive. Pressing metals around a spindle is dangerous, and I'm nervous doing it. Whistle mix is almost as powerful as flash. You, as a newbie, want to play with all the most dangerous stuff first. Maybe your wakeup call was rudely made, but it was not unfairly made. Lots of useful stuff was said. If you don't see that, you should maybe look harder. We can't let our emotions get out of hand with pyro- it's a distraction. I say this as a fellow pyro that has let many of the 'big' personalities piss me off. I'm still here, and they're still here. Pyro was more important than our differences, I guess.

• SharkWhisperer and yardarmwheeze like this

#5 ronmoper76

ronmoper76

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 09:39 PM

this isnt the group for me,you guys are all wrapped up in you playing hall monitor and nothing else. now i see why the community is so dead,i need real info not a daddy. its been nice but there are better places to be guys,this is silly and you do it to every new guy on your board,the deeper i dug the more of this bullshit i found,you guys are too much

Edited by ronmoper76, 02 March 2021 - 09:44 PM.

#6 yardarmwheeze

yardarmwheeze

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 04:41 PM

Play the video with google translate on google chrome open. You can translate it via that way. Honestly I feel like you should chill a bit with whistle mix unless you got a press and a proper workshop that has all the safety materials, I have no experience with whistle mix but I know the stuff is real dangerous.

Edited by yardarmwheeze, 03 March 2021 - 04:46 PM.

#7 yardarmwheeze

yardarmwheeze

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 04:43 PM

ronmoper76, with pyro and many other things, the substance of what is said is more important than how we feel about what was said. You got picked at because you are asking about some of the more dangerous aspects of pyro, and your link to the whistle video shows that you do not know enough about pyro to be making those things. I agree with that perception.

Commercial E-matches have caused deaths. Strobe mix is unusually sensitive. Pressing metals around a spindle is dangerous, and I'm nervous doing it. Whistle mix is almost as powerful as flash. You, as a newbie, want to play with all the most dangerous stuff first. Maybe your wakeup call was rudely made, but it was not unfairly made. Lots of useful stuff was said. If you don't see that, you should maybe look harder. We can't let our emotions get out of hand with pyro- it's a distraction. I say this as a fellow pyro that has let many of the 'big' personalities piss me off. I'm still here, and they're still here. Pyro was more important than our differences, I guess.

True the only thing that scares me more than flash powder is pressing whistle rockets. Stuff can be so dangerous.

#8 justvisiting

justvisiting

Pyrotechnician

• PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 05:31 PM

yardarmwheeze, I watched the video. The ingredients are misidentified, and the method is to roll balls of green-dyed dough into a tube that contains a length of pink visco. The whistle rocket is 'pressed' by jamming the dough in with a pen. At the end, he flies 3 whistle rockets, but they are very far away. This way, you can't easily see that the rockets he flew were not the ones he demonstrated the making of. I used the CC option to watch it on YouTube. The translation is hilarious! 

• yardarmwheeze likes this

#9 yardarmwheeze

yardarmwheeze

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 07:48 PM

yardarmwheeze, I watched the video. The ingredients are misidentified, and the method is to roll balls of green-dyed dough into a tube that contains a length of pink visco. The whistle rocket is 'pressed' by jamming the dough in with a pen. At the end, he flies 3 whistle rockets, but they are very far away. This way, you can't easily see that the rockets he flew were not the ones he demonstrated the making of. I used the CC option to watch it on YouTube. The translation is hilarious! 

You were not far from the truth. The translation said he is making "a dick hanging pill" wtfff :blink:  :wacko:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: . 

#10 Mumbles

Mumbles

Grandmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,732 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 09:51 AM

I agree with Justvisiting.  There's about a 100% chance of that video being complete bullshit.

• yardarmwheeze likes this
Just so you guys quit asking, here is the link to the old forum. http://www.xsorbit2....forum/index.cgi

The sky is my canvas, and I have 2,113 pounds of powdered paint in the workshop.

#11 ronmoper76

ronmoper76

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 01:43 PM

thank you very much for the opinions ,you guys are probably right about the video. As far as giving up on whistle rockets,not happening. I started out with BP and sugar and magnalium and every kind i could find info on......I got bored and moved to 1lb rockets did all the same shit and started running whistle on my BP set and got hooked immediately,I went through a 100 motors and was bored again,i bought a 3lb whistle and support set and 200 tubes,i build them everyday,I have so much shit there is no turning back,lol  I been a pyro all my life,I was ordering shit from Pyrotek in pennsylvania back in the late 90's when they still sold lbs of red phosphorus to anyone. I WAS a boomer most of my life and made so much shit its silly. Anyhow,im building rockets,if you guys wanna give advice or help i'm all ears,if you wanna bitch,complain,and scold a 40 year old man like a child,im good please dont even bother to answer,im not interested. This hobby is my passion and i'm not quitting it because of someone else's opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users