3lb strobe issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ronmoper76

ronmoper76

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Building computer,science,chemistry,anything pyrotechnic related.

Posted 21 February 2021 - 06:48 PM

I recently bought a 3lb extreme strobe spindle and i have had great success with benz/oxychloride fuel. It rocks and will put 6 inch shells up in the clouds everytime,i even made a few decent green magnalium  and a few LWS rockets that all worked excellent,my only limit seems to be over 3 sali increments and it pops ususally.  i use a heaping tablespoon per increment,wax all my tubes,i have a great tube support as well. I made 3 whte strobe rockets so far,two with sali and one with benz, stopped at line on first rammer with whistle fuel,about a increment and a half and switch to strobe ,stop right above spindle at next rammer mark,switch fuel,etc... They are like sticks of dynamite,3rd one made my one ear ring....What could possibly be wrong guys?

#2 ronmoper76

ronmoper76

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Building computer,science,chemistry,anything pyrotechnic related.

Posted 22 February 2021 - 06:49 PM

Nevermind guys,i think i got it figured out now. Didnt realize how much more you gotta press  3lb vs a 1lb.because of the larger diameter rammer i was getting lucky with the benz under pressing it some but these strobes dont work for me unless i press the guts out of them and the fuel grain looks like glass when im done. Caleb gave me the advice and he was right. thanks guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users