APC Forum

potassium perchlorate

ronmoper76

I have noticed im using a ton of this stuff since i started. why cant i find anywhere that sells 50lb like potassium nitrate comes?

places like skylighter are taxing people bad. I found one place that sells for 6.00 a lb over 10 lb and im considering to grab as much as i can. Is that probably my best bet?

I pay $5.99 for 10#. That is good for me because the warehouse isn't to far from me so I go pick up what I need. I don't know if he would sell for less in larger quantities or not. If you want name/phone # to check pm me.

I have noticed im using a ton of this stuff since i started. why cant i find anywhere that sells 50lb like potassium nitrate comes?

places like skylighter are taxing people bad. I found one place that sells for 6.00 a lb over 10 lb and im considering to grab as much as i can. Is that probably my best bet?

As of this past July, Crossout was selling 10 pounds of perc shipped for $55, but an even better deal was 20 pounds perc plus 10 pounds parlon for $168 shipped in the same box.

I last dealt with him around November and his stuff was top-notch and shipped fast. Easy to do business with. Check his older 2016 posting in the Agora section of this site. Obviously, prices climbed a bit in 5 years (originally $35/10 pounds!), but updated prices are still very reasonable. Seems to have a busy schedule, so PM him a polite inquiry and see how it goes. Last order with him was a combined #10 perc/#5 parlon "half order" for a decent price. You might be able to work out some higher-quantity pricing.

Other pyro sites are getting $7/lb for small quantities, not including shipping. Contact them and perhaps they'll swing a discount for #10 orders. Skylighter is the hugest ripoff at $10/lb!! Plus shipping. That's ridiculous. Unless you're desperate, or delirious, it never pays to purchase anything from Skylighter. Ever. Milled KNO3 for $9/pound is another example of stupid ridiculous from that outfit.

Edited by SharkWhisperer

I sent Crossout a pm last month and never heard back, so I am starting to think he's not doing that anymore. I would like to find a decent supplier myself, so if anyone has a suggestion? As for KNO3, I get mine from Dudadiesel. They recently raised their prices a little, but at $21.70 for 10# (plus shipping) it's still pretty good and they are fast

Its typically sold as 110# drums in bulk. If you have a ATFE license you can purchase it from service chemical. Edited by Carbon796

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys i read all the posts. I did find a place here in my state that charged me 5.99 for over 10lbs so i grabbed some. Im not familiar with crossout and thank you so much for the ubypyro url,i never heard of them till now, and i agree skylighter is a ripoff,however i do find certain things now and then on there like,the magnesium turnings they sell i like to grab sometimes.

anyone have a url for crossout?

Here is his post, you can pm him and he will get up with you when he has a chance. He is very busy right now so do not be surprised if it takes a week to hear from him.

https://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/topic/11707-potassium-perchlorate-sale-united-states-california/