APC Forum

Does anyone know where to get cheap rocket tooling and paper tubes

Bigfatorange

Does anyone know where to get cheap rocket tooling and paper tubes Because I cant really afford much so Im trying to find out the best place to get both. Thank you!

I have been around a while. Soo.. just some general advice. Save for a better quality tool/part/steak/machine/etc. when possible.

It always works out better it seems. And.. . usually cheaper.

On Edit: If you need a wrench once I suppose..Harbor Freight. Hope you don’t bust yer knuckles with the hunk of shit tho :D

Edited by Richtee

Pyro probably isn't the best hobby on a really limited budget. There is a bit of up-front investment in tools, chemicals, and other components. Just saying.

That said, the cheapest rocket tooling is tooling you make yourself. With a grinder and drill press, some aluminum rod, a stainless bolt, washers, and nuts, and some material for a base, you can make your own. IF you are seriously into DIY.
IF you have a drill press and grinder. If you are just broke broke, sorry.

There's always sugar rockets to pass the time while you earn some money. Junk laying around the house will got those going. They are fun too!

• Like 1

cheap tooling is going to cost you in the long run. There are a number of companies that sell tooling, and of course none of it is cheap. Woody's,PyroCreations,Skylighter,PyroDirect,PyroWorks,FireFox,CannonFuse,FireSmith,etc

• 2 weeks later...

If your on a budget and not able to make your own. Check out Woodysrocks.com they have an Econo line of Rocket tooling think it may be on sale too. Well under the $100 dollar range.

And you can pick up your tubes from there aswell. And if need be ask caleb our Sarah about there layaway plans. They are great people and from my experience sell some dam good tooling with great customer service.

• Like 1

What "Bigmark" said. Woodysrocks does have them on sale . For $50 - $60. At that price you can't go wrong with the quality. The service and help from caleb and Sarah are second to none.

• 4 months later...

Woody's DOES have better prices. Still, I enjoy rolling my own tubes from kraft paper and wood glue but I'm at the small hobbyist level. If I were making dozens I would buy again from Woodys.

• 2 weeks later...
Woody's eco tooling is awesome. The cohete spindle is a forgiving design and super versatile.

I got a deal on Pyrocreations for a 5/16 set and 25 tubes for 58 bucks. Even though they're small they can make a pretty good bang.

Does anyone know where to get cheap rocket tooling and paper tubes Because I cant really afford much so Im trying to find out the best place to get both. Thank you!

You may want to consider rolling your own tubes since the good ones (NEPT) have gone up so much in price. Also, just hit the Agora and list a WTB for used tooling because "cheap tooling" is probably poor quality tooling.

Or save up and get Caleb's tooling, its the best there is. https://www.woodysrocks.com/store/c32/Rocket_Tooling_Sets.html#/

I've got used tooling available from time to time. Typically stuff that I've used in classes or seminars. As others have mentioned, pyro isn't the lease expensive endeavor. But, quality tooling that will last a lifetime is a great investment. The good stuff doesn't cost that much more than the cheap stuff, but the quality, performance and ease of use pays off in dividends. There's a huge difference is performance, ease of use and longevity between the tool sets I produce and those available elsewhere.