APC Forum

My Fireworks Crafted by Zavod Kirova

ZavodKirova

Sorry I am still new to understanding the best prime for a comp. Can you list out the recipe for the Shimizu prime you recommend, followed by the last layer mix? I presume I would use the same thinned NC Lacquer used to bind the star cores themselves to bind the prime onto the star.

pyrodata.com has 5 different prime mixes attributed to Shimizu, but which is best to use? None of them had silicon which I thought was good to heat things up and get things to ignite.

pyrodata shows Shimizu Prime#8 has red gum in it, so maybe that would be a good one to try?

74 Potassium perchlorate

Red gum (or Rosin)
Charcoal (paulownia or hemp)
Aluminium (fine flake)

btw thanks for sharing your creations and the videos. They are obviously inspiring me to try new things especially fountains right now.

You can also use this composition. This is its classic composition, do not forget to put on top of it another Prime on the basis of black powder. all this can be applied to. Red gum. Prime will easily stick to NC stars. AP-based stars light up very easily. Good luck in your endeavors

• 4 months later...

A lot of work do do all that :) I especially liked the crossette shell. What formula? Also, the last shell at 2:30 was quite beautiful. Thanks for posting.

• 4 months later...