APC Forum

Spherical Titanium posted it the right spot

KAP

I thought Titanium was a chemical/metal used in pyrotechnics, so I posted it on the chemical section.

Boy was that a bad thing to do, I got treated rather badly for that question

I thought this site was for folks who love the art?

Well I will keep my eyes on those who are helpful and steer away from the ones who think they are GIFTED AND KNOW IT. :P You know who you are.

I just though that at was a awsome addition to rockets and stinger missles with the white sparks and the crackle it made. and where did it go.?????

I will call Harry Gilliam and see what he says.

I thought Titanium was a chemical/metal used in pyrotechnics, so I posted it on the chemical section.

Boy was that a bad thing to do, I got treated rather badly for that question

I thought this site was for folks who love the art?

Well I will keep my eyes on those who are helpful and steer away from the ones who think they are GIFTED AND KNOW IT. :P You know who you are.

I just though that at was a awsome addition to rockets and stinger missles with the white sparks and the crackle it made. and where did it go.?????

I will call Harry Gilliam and see what he says.

Ti is getting tight all over, I've noticed.

I suspect part of the problem is that there are only a couple of suppliers world-wide for Ti metal now, due to mergers of mining companies. I guess only a few (3 ?) mining outfits, in Russia and China are now producing the bulk of the world supply.

I don't see anyone treating you *badly* for posting in the wrong area. The mods really do need to maintain order, or it becomes a tangled mess of posts.

I guess the sarcasm toward the "ones who think they are gifted", etc... was directed toward the fellow who happens to work for the world's 2nd largest close proximity pyro company ?

If you can find sponge Ti , get some while the getting's good, it works magnificantly as a spark producer for rocket tails, whistle inserts, and Ti salutes.

I just thought the way the redirection noted was rather harsh,

Somthing like this need to go here ,would be more helpful.

KP

I don't think this was harsh, I even gave you an answer.

"We cannot get Spherical Ti anymore either. My work has scoured every source, we now have to use granular Ti for tails.

Also, This did not deserve its own thread in the wrong area!

Random thread!!

Locked."

C'mon...

We try to keep the threads to a minumum so people can browse/search and find information they want.

Spherical titantium is NO longer available. The manufacturere is not making anymore. The company I work for doesn't care what the cost is for materials, we just want the best, and we cannot find it anywhere in the world.

This STILL didn't need its own thread! You asked about spherical Ti in your "3lb rocket, Stuck on spindle" thread.

Not every question deserves its own thread.