Creator: Yannis Manesis/Ned Gorski

Color/Effect: Bright turquoise-green light

The Composition: (by weight)

Barium Nitrate - 40%

Magnalium 325mesh - 18%

Parlon - 16%

Copper Oxide Black - 15%

Red Gum - 11%

Any Precautions/Incompatabilities: Careful when working with barium nitrate.

Precedure/Preparation: Screen mix the powders together about 3 times. Alternatively, mix using a wooden dowel. Wet the mixture with ethanol and cut/pump/roll the stars.

This is a modification to Ned Gorski's Brilliant Rubber Green star.

118566019_321742192578087_63778840643100

Seafoam, what is that?

Sea foam is white or yellowish in my experience but I understand your are thinking of the colours of the ocean. Do you mean aqua, turquoise or some other nuance of bluish green?

Seafoam, what is that?

Sea foam is white or yellowish in my experience but I understand your are thinking of the colours of the ocean. Do you mean aqua, turquoise or some other nuance of bluish green?

Seafoam is like the halfway point between green and turquoise. I sadly haven't come up with a true turquoise with just nitrates yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Beter, if you give a video to look. Any way at this times it`s easy to do but on picture star look`s no very bright.

My friend, I do not see a link to the video. Please advise.

Beter, if you give a video to look. Any way at this times it`s easy to do but on picture star look`s no very bright.

this is because the camera's exposure is adjusted so the colour shows up but doesnt white out the image. In terms of brightness, I'd say it's about as bright as rubber stars.

Nitrate green with magnesium are perfect green colored stars, same for red, the problem starts if you like use carbonate instead of nitrate at that point you are obligated to use other oxidizer.