APC Forum

Some of my shells

BetICouldMake1

The stutata was my favorite for sure. The 5" hammer and multi with farfalle... wow! Especially the farfalle. Did I mention the farfalle? You got so lucky on the orientation too. Nice stuff. Thanks for showing it.

Nice shells, traditionally the stutata timing is different, breaks 1.5 sec, insert 2 sec, so it breaks relatively fast, so the insert can fly by its own and expand their radius before setting of, so next time try this way using spiderweb stars.

Well traditionally stutata shells are made in Italy and these were made in PA ;) Appreciate the advice though.

I could have broken the shell sooner but I was happy with the spread I got breaking it when I did, and I like the slightly longer delay between when the shell opens and when the inserts burst. It gives them time to spread and, for me at least, creates a little anticipation. Also, those were spiderweb stars.

I was not saying your works is bad, i also like the 3 second break and then the insert, is only a different pattern, the insert were released at the apogee and start to fall like an umbrella, in the other style the insert are thrown into the sky and set of at the apogee. Your insert are like little shell or stars rolled around a flash bag (Ned Gorsky stuta insert)?

They were stars rolled around flash bags. No glue or anything, just stars, paper, and string.

• Like 1

Really nice shells. Congrats. Some really beautiful & unique breaks

• 1 month later...