APC Forum

Magnesium 20mesh white comets

kleberrios

What size were those comets? Pretty.

one inches x 3/4 inche cilindric hand press

one inches x 3/4 inche cilindric hand press

Is your tooling metal or plastic? I'm wondering how messy it is to hand press NC-bound comets? Mostly the clean-up afterwards?

Nice effect, though. Love those brilliant white tails. I wonder what the effect would look like with some course titanium or MgAl if subbed for some of the Mg...? Might have to try it!

Is your tooling metal or plastic? I'm wondering how messy it is to hand press NC-bound comets? Mostly the clean-up afterwards?

Nice effect, though. Love those brilliant white tails. I wonder what the effect would look like with some course titanium or MgAl if subbed for some of the Mg...? Might have to try it!

Brass tooling. The tool is ever clean when hand tapped the cilinder.

The Ti 20 mesh will give some tail, but don't work like Granules Mg, because the Ti will become gold with Mg or Magal comets. The Mg have the whiter light of all pyro metals. Mg granules mix with all color compositions ( red, green, yellow, blue) will give long white tail. Here I burn only Kno3/magal/Mg 10 mesh granules https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNX3c0AqHLI