APC Forum

how to properly make a whistle mix?

djcruzer

i made a batch with chlorate/benzoate 70/30 mix as i saw on a video and made a tube...i compress the powder on the tube and leave the one end open...and when it ignited it just extreme fire and smoke and no whistle sound...

why does it not whistle?

iam trying to build a whistling salute not a whistle rocket...

If you can, make it with kclo4, the key to make it whistle is finest chemicals, the most important benzoate, then press it never rammer, for whistle rockets red iron oxide and vaseline is used and mixed in a plastic back to granulate after mix, for only whistle I dont know what is the best option

Edited by Aspirina

Also chlorate e benzoate would work if don't whistle it will be only because not well pressed, becuse whistle mix can not be rammed you must use a press, manual or hydraulics.

Most likely your benzo isn't fine enough. You'll also need roughly 1/3 of open tube space in order to get a whistle, basically something like 3-5 cm minimum

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You said you are trying to build a whistling salute so what are you using for the salute part of it? Are you using a tube rammed with whistle fuel partly and then a header of unrammed whistle mix or flash , BP , ect ?

I am hesitant to post this here because there are several key differences between how I make my benny whistle fuel and a chlorate whistle fuel. The formula is different but the process is the same with the exception of a highly recommended phlegmatizer for chlorate.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

I am hesitant to post this here because there are several key differences between how I make my benny whistle fuel and a chlorate whistle fuel. The formula is different but the process is the same with the exception of a highly recommended phlegmatizer for chlorate.

Someone else who noticed the color change. Are you saying that it also changes color when using benny? I've only seen the color change when using sali mix. Almost a yellow-green color that concerns me to some degree