• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Iceland

Iceland

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:02 AM

I was wondering what you people are using or recommending. I used to always work with with p3 masks which: 

Filters at least 99.95% of airborne particles

they cost about 8 dollar a piece. 

but I have found it is not enough, I would recommend a full face mask because the fine aluminium and other chemicals act as little razor blades in your body they can't be stopped, also your eyes are absorbers..

https://www.amazon.com/Esska-Dräger-X-Plore-5500-Full/dp/B002MFGE92/ref=sr_1_7?qid=1578063610&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin%3A2796128011&s=hi&sr=1-7

#2 Piccaso

Piccaso

Pyromaniac

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:42 PM

I just use a respirator labeled for n95. I see no reason to go further than that for particulate issues. The reusable painting respirators work well also. Your eyes natural watering will wash away any dust unless a large amoutn gets blown in them. The stuff just floating in the air shouldn't be a issue unless you just not being careful as to how much introducing to it. Just spooning some from vessel to vessel shouldn't be a issue in my opinion. It is your body though and you are the one responsible for it so if this gives you peace of mind then it may be worth it to you.

Edited by Piccaso, 05 January 2020 - 01:43 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: breath, toxic, chemicals, dangerous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users